Built for extended-range precision, the Elite 4200 6-24x50 from Bushnell features an illuminated Mil-Dot reticle positioned in the first focal plane. Positioning the reticle in the 1st, or magnifying, plane provides the shooter with the ability to range targets of a known size at every magnification level.
Touted as the 'world's brightest riflescope' by Bushnell - Elite 4200's offer remarkably bright optics with excellent coatings. The lenses are fully multicoated and optimized to deliver an outstanding 95% transmission at 550 nm. The exterior lens surfaces are treated with RainGuard HD - a water repellent coating that minimizes light-scatter from water drops, mist, fog, etc.
This 4200 sports a 30 mm main-tube that's filled with dry nitrogen for all-weather reliability. You can't shoot what you can't see, and who wants to attempt a rooftop-to-street-level shot on a hazy flared-out perp at twilight? So - all-weather reliability means optical clarity in any weather, conditions, situations. You look - you see - you shoot - end of story.
The construction of the 4200 is first-rate. Featuring classic clean styling with a luxurious finish, this optic not only looks good - it's also designed and built to endure the punishment or rigorous field use. The rugged main-tube is machined from a single piece of aluminum alloy, and proven to survive the recoil from 10,000 rounds of .375 H&H magnum.
In practical use - the Elite 4200 lives up to its hype. Every spec and feature comes into play to deliver a bright, clear, and well detailed sight picture. Additionally - there's a side focus knob for eliminating parallax error, and 0.1 mil W&E clicks that work well with the illuminated Mil-Dot system. Finally - the package includes a thread-on sunshade that offers an extra bit of protection against flare, glare, and the inevitable thump-bump in the trunk.
- Fully multi-coated lenses for enhanced clarity, maximum light transmission - 95% at 550 nm
- RainGuard HD water-repellent lens coating causes moisture from rain, snow, sleet, and condensation to bead up and scatter less light
- 30 mm One-piece aluminum main-tube
- Nitrogen filled for waterproof/fogproof/shockproof performance
- Recoil-proof construction: main-tube is rated to endure 10,000 rounds of .375 H&H
- Use and Handling
- Side focus parallax correction: 20 yd to infinity
- Sunshade: minimizes flare, glare, protects front lens element
- 0.1 Mil tactile, audible, resettable W&E correction with 48 MOA of adjustment
- Illuminated Mil-Dot reticle for accurate long-range bullet-drop calculation
- First focal plane reticle: the reticle is magnified along with the image, accurate range estimation is possible at all magnification levels