The Sony RMVLZ620 Integrated Remote Commander is an impressive name for what is, quite frankly, a pretty impressive device for a replacement remote control.
You can control up to eight devices from this single remote. It's got a database of common codes built-in and it comes with a sheet of hundreds more. If you have the existing remotes handy you can place each one a few inches in front of the RMVLZ620 one at a time and "teach" it how to take the place of each remote.
This remote can also learn up to 12 16-step macros (or "consecutive procedures" as Sony calls them)—one for each of the eight controllable devices and four that you can play back via the four "System Buttons" at the bottom of the remote. And it will use the on-screen displays of compatible TVs and DVD players.
The twin infrared LEDs mean greater range and a wider angle of use. You can be as far as 11 feet (33 meters) from the devices you're controlling. The RMVLZ620 also has a simple lock and unlock function. This is not a parental lock. Your tweens and teenagers can figure it out faster than you can say, "Don't watch..." This lock is to prevent inadvertent use and to keep your toddler from blasting your Whitesnake CD at 7 o'clock in the morning.
Batteries aren't included so be sure to add a couple of AAs to your cart. Once installed they'll last about a year with average use (which Sony generously defines as up 300 button pushes a day).
The Sony RMVLZ620 Integrated Remote Commander has features not common in such an affordable remote. It's truly one remote to rule them all.
- Controls Up To Eight Devices (TV, CBL/Sat, DVR/PVR, DVD, BD, VCR, CD, AMP)
- Preset Codes For Sony Devices Plus Hundreds or Codes For Other Devices
- Infrared Learning Remote Can Learn Codes From Existing Remotes
- Can Be Programmed With 12 16-Step Macros
- Can Use the OSDs (On-Screen Displays) of Compatible TVs And DVD Players
- Twin Infrared LEDs Offer Greater Range At A Wider Angle (36 Feet; 11 Meters)
- Simple Lock and Unlock to Prevent Inadvertent Use
- Two AA Batteries (available separately) Last About A Year At 300 Button Pushes Per Day