The Focus Enhancements FS-CF Pro is a portable direct-to-edit recorder that captures SD and HD video to Compact Flash cards. Designed for Canon camcorders, the FS-CF Pro supports both DV and native HDV acquisition in a variety of resolutions and has the ability to record over 2.5 hours of footage to a 32GB card. By simply swapping in a fresh card when one is full, users can shoot the whole day without having to offload. Just shoot, connect, and edit--no more tape to log and capture, your clips are ready when you are!
The FS-CF Pro provides a number of upgrades over the FS-CF, including clip thumbnail viewing, proxy content playback, MPEG4 proxy clips, FTP support and wired/wireless custom metadata logging, DV/HDV MXF support, user-definable 10-second retro cache, and lower power consumption.
- Solid State Acquisition to Editing in One Step
- By recording to solid state Compact Flash cards, the Focus FS-CF Pro can be used in extreme conditions, including high-shock and high-altitude environments. Once a recording is completed, the Compact Flash card can be removed from the unit and inserted into a memory card adapter for quick computer access or remain in the FS-CF Pro and mount to computer via USB. DTE Technology ensures that your footage is ready to edit instantly--no capturing, file transfer, or file conversion is required.
- View Thumbnails and Video Clips
- With the FS-CF Pro, you can view thumbnails and video clips on its brilliant color display. Thumbnails can also be viewed on a web page when the FS-CF Pro is connected to a network. MPEG-4 proxy files can be generated and transferred to a host computer or a video-sharing web site, as well as distributed to portable media devices, making collaboration easy.
- Assign Custom Metadata on the Fly
- With the FS-CF Pro, you can personalize and optimize workflow--while you shoot. With your wireless handheld device or laptop, you can access the FS-CF Pro through a browser, define metadata, and assign it to video while you are recording--eliminating the need to tag footage when the shoot is over. During postproduction, simply transfer clips--complete with metadata--from the FS-CF Pro to your NLE system or PX Media Server. All of the information that you assigned during the shoot goes with the clips, saving you hours or even days of logging time.
- Engineered for Portability, Durability, and Ease of Use
- Only 2.75" wide, 5.4" high, and 1.25" deep (7 x 13.7 x 2.3 cm), the FS-CF Pro packs a wealth of functionality into a sleek and durable package that weighs only 12 ounces. Crafted from the inside out to meet the reliability and quality standards that video professionals demand, the FS-CF Pro is designed to deliver great results under even the most challenging shooting conditions.
- Industry Standard File Format Support
- The Focus FS-CF Pro brings the most popular DTE file formats to solid state recording. When used with 25Mb/s HDV cameras, the FS-CF Pro supports QuickTime 1080i/60 and 720p/30 recording for Final Cut Pro use, MXF HDV support for Avid, and M2T 720p/1080i recording for use in a number of different applications from Adobe, Avid and Grass Valley (Canopus).
- Removable Compact Flash Slot
- The FS-CF Pro features a CF card slot on its side for insertion of standard Type 1, UDMA, 30MB/s minimum Compact Flash Cards (16GB min.). Compact Flash cards feature a fast interface and very high capacities (currently up to 64GB) at low cost. The FS-CF also features a captive protective cover for the CF card slot to protect and secure your media. Buy as many CF cards as required (Focus qualified CF cards).
- Transform Workflow at the Recording Stage
- Not only does the FS-CF Pro enable you to go straight from shooting to editing by recording video in the NLE-compatible file format of your choice, but it allows you to add custom metadata to footage while you're recording. With three simple steps, you can define metadata fields for your shoot, add metadata tags to footage while it's recording, and transfer edit-ready clips to your NLE system or PX Media Server, complete with camera generated and custom-defined metadata. This simple three-step process dramatically streamlines workflow and saves numerous hours typically spent reviewing, logging, and tagging footage after it is shot.
- Native QuickTime HDV & MXF Support
- With the FS-CF Pro, you can record 1080i/60 or 720p/30 clips as native QuickTime HDV. The FS-CF Pro extracts and decodes the audio from the incoming HDV stream, combines it with video stream, and wraps is as a QuickTime HDV file. When recording is complete, your QuickTime HDV file can be imported directly into Final Cut Pro--no capture or conversion is required.
- Transform Workflow with Industry Standard Removable Media
- The FS-CF Pro allows you to go straight from shooting to editing by recording video in the NLE-compatible file format of your choice. Enhancing workflow one step further, once a recording is complete, the FS-CF Pro allows you to remove the Compact Flash card and mount it to your computer using a standard CF compatible memory card reader. By doing this, you are free to insert another CF card into your FS-CF Pro and continue shooting while your previous card is being used for editing or archive ingest. If a CF compatible memory card reader is not available, simply leave the CF card in the FS-CF Pro and mount the unit to a computer via USB2.0 using the available HDD mode.