These days we take our music with us wherever we go—on MP3 players, iPods and iPhones, Blackberrys, Androids and other smart phones and devices. The easiest way to listen to your portable music on your new Pioneer receiver is the Pioneer AS-BT100 Stereo Bluetooth Adapter.
The BT100 plugs into a custom port on the back of all of the new Pioneer receiver/amps, namely the VSX-520-K, VSX-820-K, VSX-920-K, VSX-1020-K and the VSX-1120-K—from entry level to high-end audiophile.
In fact, it's likely to work between these amps and most any device that complies with A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). If the device also complies with AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) chances are you can use your Pioneer remote to control it.
Because this is Bluetooth the device and the BT100 don't have to be facing each other, they just have to be within 33 feet (10 meters) of each other. Note however that if you've got other devices operating in the 2.4 GHz range (like microwave ovens and wireless routers) you might not be able to achieve maximum range.
Bluetooth Specification Version 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) is rated at a transfer speed of 3 megabits per second but in real life it's usually closer to 2 Mbps, still plenty fast to listen to your portable stereo music in real time.
And if your music content is protected by SCMS-T Content Protection you can still listen to it on your Pioneer amp. Your BT100 is compliant with this Bluetooth standard too.
- Plugs into the VSX-520-K, VSX-820-K, VSX-920-K, VSX-1020-K and VSX-1120-K Pioneer receiver/amplifiers so you can listen to music from most Bluetooth-compatible devices.
- Works with most A2DP devices like iPods, iPhones, Androids and Blackberrys and other smart phones.
- Use your Pioneer remote to control AVRSP compliant Bluetooth devices.
- Compatible with SCMS-T Bluetooth content protection.
- Maximum range under good conditions is 33 feet (10 meters).