The Type 10 Direct Box from Countryman is an active DI that tackles the difficult tradeoffs present when dealing with direct injection sources - ultra-low distortion can only be attained by increasing input noise, while true ground isolation means high phase deviation or signal attenuation.
Using an analog circuit that tunes itself, the Type 10 maintains exceptionally low THD and IMD specifications across the entire audio band, and for a wide range of input voltages, rendering the source sound with extremely high fidelity. The result is a clean, precise sound.
The Type 10 is armored inside and out, with a molded core wrapped in an extra thick architectural aluminum housing. The switches and connectors are fully recessed. The electronics can shrug off static spikes and will survive with the input connected directly to 110V or 220V line voltage.
- Rock solid isolation designed to drive any board across hundreds of feet of cable whether or not phantom power is available
- Internal electronics are molded into a solid epoxy block and protected against electrical damage
- The outer casing is a single piece featuring extra thick walls
- Handles sizzling hot outputs from active keyboards using the -15dB pad with virtually immeasurable distortion
- Ground lift switch eliminates noise and buzz caused by faulty electrical wiring
- Access the battery using the edge of a coin
- Check the battery voltage and monitor the quality of the phantom power with the flip of a switch