The EP6 Signature Series Hearing Protectors from Surefire are designed to meet the needs (and style demands) of auto racing enthusiasts. The EP6 can help protect the hearing of racing fans, pit crews, and anyone else exposed to the potentially dangerous noise levels of auto racing, which can exceed 140dB (about the same loudness as a gunshot) and can permanently damage hearing, especially with continued exposure.
Their design blocks potentially harmful sound levels while allowing safe levels to still be heard, so you can talk with those around you. Patented Hocks Noise Braker filters prevent potentially harmful noises above 85dB (like the scream of a high-performance engine) from entering into your ear canal, while safe sound levels below 85dB are allowed to pass through and be heard.
To block lower-level sounds and noise in quieter situations, such as in an airplane or while sleeping, the attached stoppers can be inserted for a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 16dB. The multi-flanged, right/left color-coded ear protectors are made from a soft, hypoallergenic polymer and ergonomically shaped to lock into your ear, providing all-day comfort and a secure fit. Available in racing black, the low-profile design means the protectors can be worn under a helmet or hat, even while using a phone.
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB (like the roar of a racing engine, which can exceed 130dB) while allowing safe sound levels below 85dB to be heard
- 16dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with stoppers in
- Ergonomic design and multi-flanged stem conforms to ear shape for maximum comfort and retention
- Made from soft, hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer
- Low profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a helmet, hat, or while using phone
- Racing-black color