If you're looking for a superior high-performance night vision monocular, the MO4-WPT from ATN is worthy of serious consideration. This high-powered nighttime viewing device delivers an incredible magnification level of 5.0x for safe viewing of distant subjects. Thanks to a commanding 90mm f/1.7 objective and multicoated lenses, the MO4 delivers excellent contrast and resolution.
Inside this particular permutation of the MO4 monocular there is a powerful and eye-opening intensifier tube. Not only does this 2nd generation system provide specifications that rival premium 3rd gen optics, it should be noted that the WPT tube provides black and white images (as opposed to the familiar greenish hue). When viewing in total-darkness conditions, an integral IR illuminator gives you the ability to see while remaining unseen.
All NVDs sold by B&H feature bright-light protection systems. However, this does not mean that bright light can/will not damage the device. Exposure to bright light compromises the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
Note: Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Optical Performance
- Multicoated all-glass lenses
- Objective lens: 90 mm f/1.7
- Proshield lens coatings for optimum light transmission
- Use and Handling
- Camera adaptable
- Water resistant and fog resistant construction
- Run-time: up to 50 hours, dependent upon IR use
- Bright-light cut-off system protects the imaging system from damage
- Automatic brightness control: optimizes view in dynamic lighting conditions
- SMART Technology: digital controls conserve battery power, adjustable-beam IR illuminator enables long-range viewing in total darkness, proximity sensor automatically activates/deactivates the device
- 2nd Generation WPT Intensifier
- Resolution: 60-74 lp/mm, 68 typical - S/N ration:18-26, 22 typical
- The WPT tube delivers a black and white image, instead of the ubiquitous greenish imagery.