The URC SR3 Universal Remote Control packs a huge amount of functionality into a unit which a short time ago, technologically, would have cost hundreds of dollars. For a fraction of that cost, you get an IR remote with an operating range of up to 50 feet which will learn IR codes from any device at standard frequencies.
Each of seven Macro buttons can be used to group up to 20 commands each, to turn on all of the components, control volume etc., for watching a DVD movie, for example. Four "favorites" buttons take you to your most frequently watched TV stations. SimpleSound offers volume control of every component in your system whether it features individual volume control, or not.
Finally, a "couch" feature will turn the SR3 off automatically if it's caught under a cushion, to prevent battery depletion.
- Easy to Hold and Easy to Use
- The Super Remote SR3 is as easy as 1-2-3. It is lightweight, comfortable to hold and sculpted for easy one-hand operation. Older people and those with arthritic hands will appreciate the large, easy-to-read numeric buttons, each in the shape of the number it represents.
- Simple Programming, with Highly Intuitive Helpful Features
- This remote is both preprogrammed and learning. This means you can use a built-in code or have it "learn" buttons from old remotes quickly and easily. This remote control will never become obsolete and can be used with both old and new components.
- 4 Favorites Buttons
- Allows users to pre-program the channels they like to watch most often, so that they can access them quickly and easily, without using the numeric keypad.
- All Off Button
- This button will shut down the entire system without fumbling. And should the SR3 remote get caught under a sofa cushion by accident, it will turn itself off automatically to avoid battery drain from having buttons continually pressed.
- Gives total volume control over every component, even those that do not have their own built-in volume control such as TiVO and DVD players.