The MC Control V2 from Euphonix is a 4-channel control surface with a comprehensive touch-screen interface that uses a 100Mbs Ethernet EuCon connection to control audio/video applications running on Mac OS X and Windows 7 based computers. EuCon is a high-speed communication protocol and enables control of virtually every application feature with EuCon aware software. The control surface also supports the HUI and Mackie Control protocols, but with a slightly diminished level of integration.
At the heart of MC Control v2 is a new high-resolution 800 x 480 pixel LED-backlit touch-screen interface that offers a wide viewing angle, bright graphics and excellent color consistency. The touch-screen not only displays all top-level project information like track names, metering (from mono to 5.1 surround data), automation mode, fader/pan values, etc., but also allows the user to solo/mute/record arm tracks, trigger Soft Keys, perform surround panning, and much more directly from the surface.
Surrounding the touch-screen, the controller features 8 improved touch-sensitive rotary encoders that offer direct control over everything from panning and gain to editing plug-in and EQ parameters, and can be pressed to instantiate and navigate through parameters. Soft keys are one of MC Control v2's most powerful features to speed up workflow, instantly updating when switching between applications and providing quick access to the most used functions.
Four motorized, touch-sensitive faders allow control of track levels and record status. Also included are transport controls and a data entry wheel that also functions as a jog/shuttle wheel. The unit can be set up to access multiple applications simultaneously (only one program is in focus at one time), and the controller intelligently recognizes which application is in focus and loads the corresponding Application Set into the display.
Euphonix has long been a mainstay of high-end broadcast, post, video and audio production equipment, and the MC Control borrows many features from the Euphonix MC Pro and System 5-MC. The unit will work with up to 3 additional MC Mix units to create a larger, integrated system with up to 36 faders.
- EuCom based control surface in highly elegant form
- Controls a wide variety of applications dealing with music, audio post, video and film
- High-resolution touch-screen provides intuitive functionality for set-up and control and offers a wide viewing angle, bright graphics and excellent color consistency
- 4 motorized, 100mm touch-sensitive faders
- 8 touch sensitive rotary controllers with on-screen display
- 12 assignable soft keys
- Transport controls with Jog/Shuttle/Zoom wheel
- Dedicated buttons allow for cycling through multiple applications and switching workstations
- Able to connect to multiple Mac OS X computers on a network that has the EuCon Client application installed
- Supports HUI and Mackie Control protocols
- Included Studio Monitor Express software allows hardware control of audio monitoring routing
- Up to 4 MC Mix controllers can be linked to an MC Control for up to 36 faders
- Footswitch jack for punch in/out recording