Photographers looking for a high performance camera support system in a very small package will be thrilled with the Jobu Jr.3 Action Kit from Jobu Design. The kit includes the Jobo Jr. 3 Gimbal Head with Swing Arm HM-J2 to keep your equipment positioned exactly the way you want. It has an overall profile of 9 x 8" (22.86 x 20.32cm) and easily fits into the small pockets of your gear bags. Also included is the very sturdy MCF-284 8X Carbon Fiber 4-Section Monopod, weighing 15 oz (425.2 g), supporting up to 8 lb (3.6 kg), and folding down to only 19.5" (50.5cm), making it easy to store and transport. You also get the NX1 Surefoot Lensplate which is designed to safely mount and secure most small telephoto lenses to the gimbal head.
The overall package weighs well under 4 lb (1.8 kg), making it a great choice for lightweight travel, nature and action photography.
Buying the Jobo Jr.3 Fast Action Kit is cost effective...it's almost like getting the lensplate for free.
Note: Double check to make sure your Jr.3 is tightly secured to your monopod and tighten the pan/tilt knobs to hold everything in balance. Only carry the monopod, gimbal, and camera all assembled very short distances. Remove your camera and lens when travelling from location to location to keep your expensive equipment safe.
This head is recommended for long lenses such as the 180mm Macro, 70-200mm F2.8/F4, 100-400mm zoom, 150-400mm zoom, 300mm F2.8/F4, 400mm F5.6, 400mm DO, or other telephoto or macro lenses with rotating tripod collars.
Maximum lens of 500mm F4 is recommended only for occasional use. The weight of a 500mm lens will require excessive tightening of the tilt axis components for travel or carrying over-the-shoulder.
- The recommended load for lens and camera is less than 10 lb (4.53 kg) total.
- The 8X carbon fiber leg sections are constructed with hollow-body casting which improves torsional and bending rigidity and provides for better vibration damping.
- The MCF-284 supports equipment up to 8 lb (5.5 kg).
- This monopod folds down to 19.5" (50.5cm), making it easy to store and transport.
- It's designed to safely mount and secure most small telephoto lenses, such as a 300 mm F4, 70-200 F2.8 or F4, 400 F5.6, 300mm F2.8 and other similar optics to the monopod.
- The lensplate features a built-in anti-twist flange.
- The NX1 Surefoot Lensplate is compatible with all Arca-Swiss-style clamps.