The HT-SF470 5.1 Channel Surround Sound System from Sony is a full 1000 watt 5.1 channel home theater in a box. The five speakers include the front left and right speakers, the surround left and right speakers, and the center speaker. The subwoofer, which is also a major contributor to the overall system sounds pumps out the deep bass that helps make adventure movies and console games so much fun.
With three HDMI inputs audio and video will go from source to set in pure digital form for the highest quality possible. In fact, HDMI is compatible with x.v.Color, which can display more than a billion colors. It smoothes out banding that can occur even in HD signals. You can't get a more vivid and lifelike picture.
You can control the components hooked up to it without having to power it on. It's called standby pass through. It's especially effective if your TV set is compatible with Sony's BRAVIA Sync. That's their brand name for their implementation of the HDMI CEC standard. HDMI CEC allows you to control all your HDMI CEC devices from a single remote.
Your SF470 can output standard Blu-ray HD audio (Linear PCM) but it can also decode a half dozen or so surround sound systems and apply other audio enhancements. You can send audio to up to 10 rooms from a single SF470. Just add an optional Sony S-AIR Card to it and place optional S-AIR receiver/speaker systems in each room. It's great for parties when you want to listen to music throughout the house.
With all of the fantastic and useful features packed into the SF470 you don't think Sony would forget about all of the music you've got on your portable music players do you? That's what its Digital Media Port is for. Plug in a DMP adapter (sold separately) and access music from your iPod, walkman, Bluetooth device or your laptop.
- HDMI Repeater
- Connect multiple devices via HDMI to your surround sound system, easily switch between them, and then connect everything to your HDTV with just one HDMI cable
- 3D Pass-Through
- Enjoy 3D Blu-ray disc movies, video games and other 3D content with compatible players and HDTVs
- Wireless S-AIR Rear Speakers & Multi-Room Capability
- Enjoy 5.1 channel surround sound without needing to run wires across the room to the rear speakers. Easily stream audio to up to 10 rooms when you add optional S-AIR receiver/speaker systems (AIR-SA10) and a S-AIR Card (EZW-T100) to your S-AIR Capable System (EZW-T100 and each S-AIR Speaker System sold separately)
- BRAVIA Sync Capable
- Conveniently operate and control all your HDMI connected BRAVIA Sync devices with one remote including: Blu-ray disc players, BRAVIA HDTVs, home theater products, handycam camcorders and Cyber-shot digital cameras
- Digital Media Port
- Connect a Digital Media Port (DMP) adapter to your audio system and access music from your iPod, walkman player, or PC device
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration
- Ensure you get the best sound experience from your surround sound system with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration. Simply place the included microphone where you will be seated and settings are automatically optimized based on the distance, delays and placement of your speakers
- Audio Return Channel
- Eliminate the need for extra cables connected to your TV. This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV
- Blu-ray Disc HD Audio (Linear PCM)
- Experience sound closer to the way it was captured with LPCM
- Standby pass-through of Audio & Video
- Conveniently access all your HDM connected devices without having to power on the receiver