The SM98-SM90CL 2x / 4x Stereo Microscope from Swift is a stereoscopic instrument for classroom and laboratory use. SM90CL series microscopes feature a stereoscopic optical path that provides superior depth and viewing comfort compared to compound designs. This configuration comes with two paired objectives (2x and 4x) housed within a rotating turret with click stop positions at 90° intervals. The objectives are parfocalled and parcentered, and each objective is outfitted with achromatic optics for enhanced color transmission.
To optimize the viewing experience for the viewer, this stereo microscope's eyepieces have an adjustable interpupillary distance and diopter correction. The inclined viewing head rotates 360°, which allows the view to be shared with others without having to move the microscope. The viewing head can be locked in place using the thumb screw located above the objective turret.
Swift designed the SM90CL for student-proof reliability. All parts, including the stage clips and eyepieces, are fixed to the microscope. The rack and pinion focus system is equipped with tension adjustment and a rack stop that prevent accidental damage to the specimen and objective. The 100mm circular stage is illuminated from above and below by energy-efficient LEDs with a cool white (5500K) color temperature. Additionally, the incident (top) light is tilt adjustable for more control and the transmitted (bottom) light source is brightness adjustable using a base-mounted rheostat. Swift backs this versatile stereo microscope with their Lifetime Warranty.
- Optical System
- Stereoscopic optical path
- 45° inclined viewing angle
- Paired 10x eyepieces with diopter adjustments
- Parfocalled and parcentered paired objectives
- 2x and 4x achromatic objectives
- 3V LED top illuminator with tilt adjustment
- 3V LED bottom illuminator with adjustable brightness
- Dual base-mounted activation switches
- Use and Handling
- Stereo viewing head with 360° rotation
- Rack and pinion focusing
- Slip clutch and tension adjustment
- 55-75mm interpupillary adjustment range
- 100mm stage with spring-loaded metal clips
- Reversible contrast plate and frosted glass plate
- Blue filter for bottom illumination
- Construction Details
- Cast metal frame
- 14.75" height
- 8.2 lb weight