From Still to Motion - It's no longer just a simple digital camera. High Def video is now the established medium for recording people, places and things. And, if you wish to remain up-to-date with the medium, you'll more than appreciate this book. It is a more than comprehensive examination and explanation of the format.
In transitioning from still to video, there are new skills to be acquired. New lighting techniques, new gear - and sound. The four authors of this book, all experienced in both still and video, will educate and explain both the basics and some advanced ways of integrating video into your photographic repertoire.
Topics covered include picking your gear, properly lighting for motion, using professional-level audio, color correction, and editing techniques, media management and outputting, and much more. The addition of a DVD to this package gives you an additional six hours of training that covers all topics including files and templates from which you can draw experience.
- Explores the entire spectrum of video for DSLR camera owners, with recommendations on gear, planning, lighting, lenses, audio, editing, color correcting, exporting, media management, and more
- Covers a wide variety of shooting styles, including indoor, outdoor, studio, portrait, event, and available light
- Addresses technical challenges associated with DSLR video, such as camera movement, multiple camera coverage, low-light videography, and synchronized sound
- Explores additional creative techniques such as stop motion and time lapse photography in depth
- Includes a real-world example of a music video and promo package throughout the book to demonstrate concepts in action, with additional profiles of photography experts in nature, sports, commercial, and weddings and events