The Elmo CO-10 Document Camera, also known as the i-Pochette, is one of the smallest and lightest of its kind. Weighing just under 3 lbs (1.3kg) and able to fold down into a compact 5 x 10 x 1.5" brick, the CO-10 uses a 2MP CMOS chip to capture a shooting area of 13.5 x 10". Its autofocus and 8x digital zoom let you hone in on the details, while a choice of XGA, SXGA, and WXGA resolutions means you can adjust RGB output between 1280 x 1024, 1280 x 800, and 1024 x 768.
Simply plug the CO-10 into an optional projector, swing the flexible camera arm above the materials you want to display, and turn it on. You're set! Whether using the CO-10 for video, photos, as a microscope, or simply for live presentations, this camera makes the perfect instructional aid. And when class is dismissed, fold it up and slip it into the included carry bag.
- Quality & Effectiveness
- The CO-10 includes an intuitive menu, several resolutions, and microscope mode. When fully expanded, the camera captures a shooting area of 13.5 x 10". While extremely small, the CO-10 boasts an 8x digital zoom and a two-megapixel CMOS sensor chip that enables users to select among XGA, SXGA, and WXGA resolutions. As an added advantage, as many as 16 images can be captured and stored in the CO-10's internal memory.
- Ease of Use
- This document camera is easy to use, as is its included image-editing software.
- Creative Use of Technology
- The CO-10 is compact and light, with good image quality. It has a 2-megapixel CMOS image sensor, Flexible Camera Arm, autofocus and zoom, and USB 2.0 PC interface. The teacher can also edit this image using the Image Mate editing software.
- Suitable for School Environments
- Intuitive menu and straightforward operation make this camera easy to integrate into an existing curriculum or school environment.
- Overall Rating
- The easy-to-use interface makes this product a joy to use, and its small footprint makes it perfect to employ with a laptop computer. Just throw it in the bag and go!