The ProSafe Dual-Band Wireless-N Access Point from Netgear is adds wireless connectivity to a network, with full support for 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11a, and 802.11b devices. It can operate on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies simultaneously, allowing for maximum performance and flexibility in use. It can cover up to 10 times more area when compared to 802.11g access points -- at up to 15 times the speed.
The access point supports 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE), allowing it to receive power from a compatible switch. This allows you to place it in an area where there is no AC power outlet available. It supports standard network security features, including WPA, WPA2, rogue AP detection, and 802.1x with RADIUS support.
- Up to 15 times the speed and 10 times the coverage of 802.11a and 802.11g networks
- Operation in 5GHz radio band to avoid interference from 802.11b or 802.11g network devices
- Concurrent operation in 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio band
- Backward compatibility with 802.11a, 802.11g, and 802.11b network devices
- Integrated 802.3af PoE eliminates extra cables and enables optimal placement of the access point
- Comprehensive SNMP functionality for advanced network management
- Deploy wireless coverage over large areas with point-to-point and point-to-multipoint bridging via Wireless Distribution System (WDS)
- Security features include WPA, WPA2, rogue AP detection and 802.1x with RADIUS support
- Plenum-rated for safe and convenient placement above drop-down ceilings
- Metal case includes Kensington lock slot for anti-theft
- Internal antennas factory-optimized for maximum RF performance
- Antenna take-offs enable optional accessory antenna attachment for 2.4GHz operations