The Libec RS-250 75mm 2-Stage Aluminum Tripod System is a lightweight, cost-effective support system designed to take advantage of the growing proliferation of small HD cameras being used in an ever-widening range of applications.
It starts with the RH25, a professional tripod head that, due to its variable counterbalance system, can accommodate a wide variety of small HD cameras--from handheld to semi-shoulder-mount--and still maintain perfect balance. Combined with a 2-step drag mode and an ability to function in temperatures as low as -40°F (-40°C), the RH25 provides smooth, dependable panning and tilting.
Supporting the RH25 is the RT30B 2-stage aluminum tripod, which sports an all-new design over earlier models. Its increased maximum height and 75mm ball diameter ensure torsional rigidity, with stability further enhanced by the use of aluminum die casting material for the tripod's upper leg casing. The BR-2B mid-level spreader keeps the legs in place on uneven surfaces while a set of FP-2B large rubber feet add traction on floors while preventing scratching.
Weighing only 13 lbs (5.9kg) combined, the system extends as high as 65" (165cm) or as low as 21.5" (54.5cm). The entire kit fits into the included RC-30 carrying bag, which can open flat for use as a floor mat for equipment when on location.
- What Defines the Libec RS Range?
- As HD cameras become smaller, more sophisticated, and less expensive, their roles continue to expand in a variety of situations. It stands to reason that high performance and affordable prices are also being sought in support equipment for these cameras. Think of a radical improvement in performance over conventional types, plus a full range of functions; then add Libec's philosophy of competitive pricing along with an integrated design concept for a lineup of stunning products.
- Ideal Counterbalance
- Complete counterbalance makes it possible to stop the camera precisely at any tilt angle. 1
- New Drag System
- The new mechanism of the drag system makes for a quantum leap in operability when panning or tilting. There is also a significant reduction in the wobbling of the image that occurs with panning at the start of shooting, as well as in the backlash that occurs at the end of panning. Enjoy stress-free camerawork for the first time.
- Low-temperature Characteristics
- Use this unit in temperatures as low as -40°C / -40°F. Ordinary torque performance is demonstrated even in frigid climates.
- Outstanding Rigidity, New Tripod Design
- The newly designed tripod eliminates wobbling of the image caused by tripod twisting.