The SHORTboard 49 from Emu is a 49-note USB/MIDI instrument ideal for the stage or studio. The instrument sports an all new E-MU synthesizer chip capable of 128-voice professional sample playback, along with 16-part multi-timbral operation. The keyboard comes packed with a 64MB sound set that includes a General MIDI bank, and a complete range of classic keyboard sounds, featuring grand pianos, electric pianos, B3s, Clavinets, and Solina-Moog-OB-Prophet-Juno-TB synthesizer leads and basses.
Designed to operate as a standalone instrument, the SHORTboard 49 can be powered via the USB bus from a computer, via an included external power supply, or battery power. Use with a computer is as easy as plug in and go. With the Kensington security slot and dual headphone jacks, the SHORTboard 49 is also ideal in academic and institutional settings.
Additionally, the keyboard has a built in wireless transmitter that, when combined with an E-MU PIPEline receiver and a set of batteries, enables a totally wireless playing experience. (PIPEline is E-MU's wireless stereo transceiver system designed for musicians.) Complementing the feature set are adjustable 32-bit reverb and chorus effects.
- 49-note velocity sensitivity keyboard with aftertouch
- E-MU 8030-based sound-engine with 128-voice polyphony
- Over 192 built in sounds featuring 64 custom E-MU classic keys presets and a full GM bank with drums
- 128-voice polyphony
- 16-part multi-timbral synthesizer
- Reverb and chorus effects
- User-definable split keyboard (for playing 2 sounds at once)
- Synthesizer controller knobs (double as MIDI controllers)
- Pitch and modulation wheels
- Data control slider
- Octave transpose buttons
- Built-in wireless E-MU PIPEline audio transmitter
- MIDI Input and Output jacks (the MIDI jacks can also function as a MIDI interface for your computer)
- Dual 1/4" headphone jacks
- Can be powered via USB, DC adapter, or batteries