The TD-1 TWIN DIRECT from Millennia is designed to be a sophisticated recording channel and direct box. The unit offers numerous signal path topologies that include vacuum tube, discrete transistors, monolithics, 3 different audio transformers, Speaker Soak, reamping, etc., all sonically optimized to their respective strengths.
The DI input stages can be switched to employ high voltage 12AT7 vacuum tube-or-100% discrete J-FET transistor amplifiers. The user may also select low, medium, or high input impedance on both input topologies. Patented Re-Amp outputs with custom-designed magnetics emulate Les Paul and Stratocaster pickups.
The microphone preamp is based on the company's HV-3 solid state preamplifier, delivering a pristine front end to the unit. The TD-1 also offers 2 bands of the NSEQ-2 parametric equalization, fully sweepable from 20Hz to 25kHz. The bands provide powerful, yet musical tonal shading for high-resolution sculpting of instruments such as guitar, bass and keyboard, or artistic and corrective work - like adding "air" and "punch," removing "mud," etc.
- 4 distinct inputs can be optimized for any source
- Twin Topology DI Instrument channel using either dual-triode 12AT7 vacuum tube or discrete FET solid state circuits
- Discrete solid state HV-3 microphone preamplifier
- Discrete solid state line level amplifier for DAW or tape outputs
- Guitar power amp outputs with "Speaker Soak" technology
- 2-bands of mastering-grade NSEQ-2 parametric EQ isolations
- Optimized DI input for any instrument with variable impedance
- 9 outputs for unlimited functionality
- Patented Re-Amp outputs with custom-designed magnetics emulate Les Paul and Strat pickups
- Audiophile headphone output
- Balanced and unbalanced monolithic outputs
- Balanced and unbalanced discrete FET outputs
- Microphone level output with large-geometry DIT-01 transformer
- Effortlessly musical performance at all dynamic levels
- Input headroom >100V, output headroom >30V
- 100% effective hum removal with numerous ground lifts and isolations
- Gold audio connectors
- Ultra-clean toroidal power supply in internal sub-chassis
- OFC audio wiring
- Silver Teflon power wiring
- Built for critical professional applications