The TCL-2 from Millenia is a dual-channel opto compressor/limiter that delivers true Twin Topology functioning. The overall sonically neutral, analog dynamics processor is a finely tuned instrument intended for critical professional applications.
With a flick of a switch, the input signal can be sent through either an all triode vacuum tube path, or an all discrete J-FET solid state signal path. The choice of signal path extends the usefulness of the unit by allowing subtle textural differences to be imparted to the source via the two electronic paths.
With the emergence of 24-bit+ digital audio, recording engineers are faced with a new requirement for undistorted dynamic range. The TCL-2 meets this challenge exceptionally well.
- Stereo optical compressor/limiter with unprecedented sonic purity and integrity
- Constructed for demanding professional applications
- +20dBu threshold with sweepable attack and release times
- Twin Topology design allows for either an all triode 300V vacuum tube signal path, or an all discrete J-FET solid state signal path
- Both topologies are entirely transformerless, high voltage, pure Class A
- Minimalist design with only one active stage in the audio path
- Large meters, switchable for VU or Gain Reduction
- Ultra-Premium components used throughout
- Gold relays, connectors, switches and tube sockets
- Silver Teflon power wiring
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring