The Axis Communications AXIS P7701 Video Decoder allows live video feeds received from Axis branded IP cameras over a network to be displayed on a conventional analog or digital monitor, this unit is not compatible with non Axis IP cameras. In addition to decoding video, this unit will decode high quality audio for playback on analog equipment.
This decoder uses H.264 to maintain a high degree of image quality while maximizing network resources. For added versatility, MPEG-4 and MJPEG compression are also supported.
Video is decoded at full frame rates and up to D1 resolution for H.264 and MPEG-4, and up to 720p (1280 x 720) resolution for MJPEG. This decoder also has the ability to scale the resolution to a maximum of 1280 x 720 pixels when using an LCD monitor.
This decoder can be programmed to display an unlimited number of video feeds in a timed sequence. By eliminating the need for a local PC at the monitoring site, this decoder offers a cost effective option in situations where the primary need is to display live video such as for public viewing at store entrances. Another money saving feature of this decoder is PoE, which will allow power to be routed over the camera's network cable.
- High Resolution at Full Frame Rates
- AXIS P7701 can decode full frame rate video streams in H.264 and MPEG-4 in all resolutions up to D1 (720 x 480 pixels in NTSC, 720 x 576 in PAL). MJPEG can be decoded in all resolutions up to 720p (1280 x 720).
- Scaling to 1280 x 720 Pixels
- AXIS P7701 can scale video to a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels on LCD screens, while on analog monitors, the maximum resolution is D1.
- RS-422/RS-485 Control
- Through an RS-422/RS-485 serial port, AXIS P7701 allows serial commands to be sent to legacy equipment used in a surveillance system.
- Auto-Connect on Alarm
- With auto-connect on alarm, AXIS P7701 can automatically display alarm-triggered video.
- Sequence Mode
- An unlimited number of video sources can be shown in sequence.
- The P7701 only works with Axis cameras.