The AirStation Nfiniti Wireless-N Router & Access Point from Buffalo allows you to share your broadband Internet connection among the computers in your home -- wirelessly. The router adheres to the 802.11n Wi-Fi standard, which supports data transfers of up to 300Mbps. It is also backwards compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g devices, and features four wired Ethernet ports for device connectivity.
Performance is further enhanced thanks to QoS prioritization -- QoS ensures that more important data is transferred more quickly than less important data. This allows you to participate in online video chats, stream media from the Internet, and play online games -- without having to worry about stuttering and lag.
Simply plug the router into your broadband modem and it will start sharing your connection. A web-based configuration utility allows you to password protect your Wi-Fi. The router is compatible with devices that are part of the Buffalo AOSS family and those that support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) -- these can be securely connected to your wireless network via the push of a single button!
A built-in firewall and an intrusion detector work together to protect connected computers from attacks that can originate on the Internet. You can also configure the router to act as an access point in an existing Wi-Fi network -- this allows you to strategically place it in your home to eliminate a Wi-Fi dead spot or simply extend the physical coverage area.
- Designed to 802.11n standard specifications
- Wi-Fi Certified to insure compatibility with other certified devices
- MovieEngine QoS feature to prioritize streaming traffic
- Wireless Distribution System (WDS) extends your wireless network across multiple access points
- Wireless connections up to 300Mbps
- Greater coverage compared to standard 802.11g
- Push-button Setup with AirStation One-Touch Secure System (AOSS)
- Enhanced multi-level security with WPA2, WPA-PSK (AES, TKIP) and 128/64-bit WEP
- Simple web browser configuration, no drivers needed
- Includes external switch to change between router and access point modes
- Built-in 4-port Ethernet 10/100Mbps auto-sensing switch for up to 4 simultaneous wired connections
- Built-in WAN port
- Position vertically or horizontally -- or mount to a wall