The AirStation Nfiniti Wireless-N Dual Band Ethernet Converter from Buffalo is a wireless Ethernet bridge, perfect for connecting your wired devices to an existing Wi-Fi network. The bridge features four ports, making it possible to connect up to four devices at once. It can be used with 802.11n, 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g networks.
Initial configuration requires a computer with a web browser, but once the bridge is set up it will work with any Ethernet-capable device, without the need for drivers. This allows you to use it to connect your game console, Blu-ray player, or network DVR to your Wi-Fi with ease.
It features full support for dual band operation -- making it compatible with 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks alike. You'll find that 2.4GHz networks are much more common, and are supported by almost all Wi-Fi devices. You may want to use a 5GHz network in areas where wireless traffic is congested -- they are less often used and less prone to interference. Even if your device has built-in support for 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, you can use this bridge to add support for 5GHz networking -- assuming the device in question has a wired Ethernet port, of course.
- Connects to IEEE 802.11n (2.4GHz/5GHz), 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11a wireless networks
- Wireless connections with data transfer rates up to 300Mbps
- Push-button setup with AirStation One-Touch Secure System (AOSS)
- Four built-in 10/100Mbps ports for up to four simultaneous connections
- Simple web browser configuration
- Supports multi-level security with WPA2, WPA-PSK (AES, TKIP) and 128/64-bit WEP
- Can be moved from device to device without reconfiguration
- Works in infrastructure mode or ad-hoc mode