As bang for the buck goes, you'll be hard pressed to find anything that beats Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10. This powerful, professional-level video editing software provides a plethora of high-end tools to add polish and panache to your SD and HD footage--at a price that truly seems too good to be true. Whether you're a beginner or a pro, the intuitive Vegas interface--with its helpful project wizards and tutorials--makes sure your video is given every opportunity to shine.
Like most modern nonlinear editors (NLEs), Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum provides real-time, nondestructive editing--which means any changes you make to your original files won't change the integrity of the original content, leaving you free to edit and experiment without fear of losing your source material. You can add special effects, transitions, titles, and music; zoom, rotate, and pan across photos to animate still images and graphics; import sound files to create custom soundtracks; and export directly to popular Internet video-sharing services and social networking sites.
Now able to edit up to 10 video and audio tracks at a time, the program offers a host of other new features including image stabilization, secondary color corrector and white balance plug-ins, integrated DVD burning from timeline, customizable window layouts, audio timestretching, and improved handling of HDV and AVCHD files. These are in addition to all the other great professional features Sony Vegas users have learned to depend on--and trust--from one project to the next. From editing home movies to large personal projects and even commercial applications, Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum can cover all your bases.
- Standard or High Definition
- Edit video in nearly any format including HDV and AVCHD. Work simultaneously with standard definition and high definition in the same project.
- Simple DVD and Blu-ray Disc Creation
- DVD Architect Studio software is included so you can easily create and burn professional-looking DVD and Blu-ray Disc projects with custom menus, buttons, backgrounds, and navigation. 56 easy-to-use themes are included to get you started.
- New! Device Explorer
- Use the new Device Explorer window to quickly browse the contents of AVCHD, hard disc and Memory Stick devices. Quickly view media on the device and import the files into the software, maximizing workflow speed by only importing the files needed without conversion.
- Enhance and Stabilize Video
- Choose from hundreds of professional 2D and 3D video effects, titles and filters. Automated and advanced color-correction tools enhance washed-out footage. Quickly salvage shaky media with video stabilization.
- New Project and Make Movie wizards
- The New Project wizard provides a simple approach to ensuring new projects are created correctly from the start. The new Make Movie Wizard eliminates the guesswork for delivery and provides optimized results for Web, DVD, and email, or for publishing movies to YouTube.
- Share Your Creations
- CD, DVD and Blu-ray Disc burning is fully integrated into Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 software so you can easily create professional-level discs. Burn audio files one track at a time or choose disc-at-once (DAO) to burn a disc with full control over the pauses between tracks. Quickly burn media on the timeline to a simple DVD or Blu-ray Disc or author a completed project with menus and custom graphics using the included DVD Architect Studio software. More about DVD and Blu-ray Disc authoring
- New! Customizable Window Layouts
- Organize and save the Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 editing environments to fit the way you work. You can dock floating windows together and reorganize the interface to suite you needs. Create, save, and recall multiple interface layouts for various editing tasks. Play VideoWindow layouts video
- Learn as You Go with Easy Tutorials
- Our exclusive Show Me How tutorials guide you through the entire creative process. Whenever you need help, just click the Show Me How button and choose your tutorial topic. Helpful text dialog boxes, pointers, and guides will show you what to do and where to click.
- Microsoft Windows 7 compatible
- Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 software is fully compatible with the Microsoft Windows 7 platform.
- Text, Titles and Generated Backgrounds
- Quickly add text, titles, and custom backgrounds to your projects. Use a collection of presets for animated credit rolls or custom lower thirds. Add a professional touch to start your project with color bars. Animate a gradient or generate a solid color with custom masking for a truly unique look.
- Share HD Movies on Blu-ray Disc
- Blu-ray Disc burning softwareVegas Movie Studio HD Platinum software makes it easy to share your high-definition movies on Blu-ray Disc. Burn your movie to Blu-ray Disc directly from the Vegas Movie Studio Platinum timeline.
- Video Restoration Tools
- Advanced color correction tools enhance washed-out footage, make specific colors stand out, and balance differences in video due to camera setup or lighting problems. Image restoration tools remove red-eye from photos.
- New! Correct Shaky Video
- Use image stabilization technology to reduce jitter and shaky video footage. Users with shaky video footage, commonly shot from handheld camcorders and inexpensive portable pocket devices, have the ability to quickly salvage this media using several optimized presets.
- New! Slideshow Creation Made Easy
- This new feature gives you the ability to quickly create a dynamic slideshow from a set of images with a few simple clicks. It is designed to be simple, easy to use, and can quickly create pan/zoom effects and transitions across a collection of still images.
- New! Secondary Color Corrector
- The Secondary Color Corrector tool provides users with a detailed toolset for adjusting differences in video shot with different camera setups or lighting situations; enhance dull, washed-out footage; or make specific color ranges stand out.
- New! White Balance
- The White Balance tool gives you the ability to quickly make video look great when originally shot with poor white levels. Users can use the eyedropper tool to select and adjust the white levels within a video clip, automatically adjusting the color of the entire clip.
- Track Envelopes
- Envelopes are an easy way to control parameters, such as volume and panning, over time. With Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum software you can use envelopes to control audio volume and panning.
- Keyframeable Real-time Effects with Preview
Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 software includes video effects and 2D and 3D video transitions to enhance your movies. All of the video effects are keyframeable: you can set the specific video frame where an effect begins and the frame where it ends. You can even specify the level of effect for every frame in between!
To see your effects and transitions in action, Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum software lets you preview effects and transitions in real time at full resolution on your computer monitor or on a secondary monitor.
- Easy Live Recording
- You can use Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum software to record your own audio such as voiceovers, music, and narration to include in your project. Vegas Movie Studio has 10 audio tracks, any of which can be used to record. You can also create different takes that you can select to include in your project.
- Surround Sound Mixing and Encoding
- Import multichannel (5.1) source files from your camcorder including Sony DVD and AVCHD Handycam models. Use the surround sound mixing and panning tools to create surround DVD soundtracks. Encode AC-3 stereo or 5.1 mixes without leaving the software using the included Dolby Digital AC-3 encoding software.
- Restore Audio
- The Audio Restoration plug-in lets you remove clicks, pops, and other noise from your music and audio clips to ensure the highest fidelity soundtrack for your video project.
- Add Music
- Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum software includes 360 exclusive music soundtracks. Choose from a wide variety of royalty-free professionally created production music that can be modified to fit your movie's length. You can also import your own music directly from CDs or MP3 audio files.
- New! Zplane élastique Timestretching
- With élastique Pro technology, you can perform dramatic time stretches and pitch-shifts of audio tracks while retaining maximum sound quality.
DVD and Blu-ray Disc Authoring
- Extensive Video and Audio Support
- DVD Architect Studio software supports today's popular video and audio formats such as AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and AVCHD so you can make DVD and Blu-ray disc projects that will play on almost any DVD/BD players or DVD/BD-capable computer.
- Easy DVD Preview
- The Preview window allows you to preview your project on a simulated television screen with a virtual remote control. Use the buttons on the remote control to navigate and play your project.
- Easy DVD and Blu-ray Disc Creation
- Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum software comes with DVD Architect Studio software so you can easily create and burn professional-looking DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. You'll be creating picture slideshows, single-movie DVDs, music compilations, and menu-based DVDs on your computer in no time!
- Burn Directly from the Timeline
- Burn either a DVD or Blu-ray Disc directly from the timeline. This is a fast method to create a single movie DVD or Blu-ray Disc to share your movies.