When the situation is critical and lives are on the line, difficult conditions and awkward positions become your best friend and your worst enemy. Rapid reticle-to-target lock-on is a necessity, not a luxury - particularly when the target is moving, shifting, and evading your advance. The stakes are high - success is mandatory; this is why you're equipped with the L-3 EOTech HWS.
EOTech's holographic technology employs a laser to create a virtual image of a reticle pattern in the heads-up display window. The reticle's pattern is embedded in the window - there is absolutely no light projected onto the target plane.
The HWS ensures significant gains in speed upon initial weapon presentation, and target-to-target shot placement. Seemingly effortless follow-up shots can be executed with unprecedented speed and accuracy. When deployed in CQB environments, the EOTech allows maximum peripheral vision by allowing the operator to take full advantage of a heads-up and both-eyes-open sighting technique.
The EOTech HWS has been standardized by the DEA, ATF and FBI SWAT. Because the HWS employs a true heads-up display it is a leading choice of military units like Stryker Brigade, 10th Mountain, and 3rd Infantry. The HWS eliminates the blind spots, constricted vision, and tunnel vision that is associated with standard tubular sighting systems. It is battle-proven to withstand the abuse from harsh environments, high-powered weapon platforms, and the toughest military missions.
The 552.A65/1 HWS operates on a pair of AA batteries. The integral mount is compatible with Mil-Std 1913 Picatinny systems. The entire unit is submersible to a depth of 33.0', and the illuminated reticle is configured with a 65 MOA circle and a 1 MOA aiming dot. Additionally, The 552.D1 is compatible with night vision devices (generations 1-3) - the holographic illumination system provides 10 brightness levels for use with NVDs.
Note! In accordance with U.S. law (Title 15 CFR part 746 and Supplement No. 1 to Part 774; and Title 31 CFR) resale/re-export or transfer of Holographic Weapon Sight Model 552 to certain designated countries is prohibited without prior written consent of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Optical Performance
- Front Window: 1/8" solid glass
- Rear Window: 3/16" shatter-resistant laminate
- Optical surfaces feature anti-glare lens coatings
- Heads-Up Display: eliminates blind spots and constricted vision
- Transmission holography - instantly visible in any light, parallax free
- Even if the laminated window is obstructed or damaged, the HWS remains fully operational. Provided a portion of the window is intact/visible, the entire reticle pattern will be seen on target, and the POI/POA will be maintained.
- Use and Handling
- Automatic shut-down: 8 hr, programmable to 4 hr
- Operates on 2 AA batteries - 1000 hr run-time
- Operating temperature range with AA lithium: -40 to 150°F
- Operating temperature range with AA alkaline: -20 to 140°F
- Precision adjustments: 1/2 MOA clicks, 40 MOA W&E correction
- Battery check indicator: flashing reticle at start-up. This system is based upon the characteristics of alkaline batteries, it does not function correctly with lithium batteries.
- Illuminated A65/1 Reticle: 65 MOA circle, 1 MOA dot. 30 Brightness settings with scrolling feature, 10 settings for use with NVDs
- Night vision compatibility: gen 1-3, NV brightness range - 1280:1
- Construction Details
- Color/finish: non-reflective black hard-coat
- Return to Zero: repeatable to 1 MOA after re-mount
- Submersible to 33.0'/10.1 m, fogproof internal optics
- Integral mount is compatible with Mil-Std 1913 Picatinny systems