When the situation is critical and lives are on the line, difficult conditions and awkward positions become your best friend and your worst enemy. Rapid reticle-to-target lock-on is a necessity, not a luxury - particularly when the target is moving, shifting, and evading your advance. The stakes are high - success is mandatory; this is why you're equipped with the L-3 EOTech HWS.
EOTech's holographic technology employs a laser to create a virtual image of a reticle pattern in the heads-up display window. The reticle's pattern is embedded in the window - there is absolutely no light projected onto the target plane.
The HWS ensures significant gains in speed upon initial weapon presentation, and target-to-target shot placement. Seemingly effortless follow-up shots can be executed with unprecedented speed and accuracy. When deployed in CQB environments, the EOTech allows maximum peripheral vision by allowing the operator to take full advantage of a heads-up and both-eyes-open sighting technique.
The EOTech HWS has been standardized by the DEA, ATF and FBI SWAT. Because the HWS employs a true heads-up display it is a leading choice of military units like Stryker Brigade, 10th Mountain, and 3rd Infantry. The HWS eliminates the blind spots, constricted vision, and tunnel vision that is associated with standard tubular sighting systems. It is battle-proven to withstand the abuse from harsh environments, high-powered weapon platforms, and the toughest military missions.
The 517.A65 HWS operates on a pair of AA batteries. The integral mount is compatible with Picatinny and Weaver mounting systems. The base has a 7.0mm rise to accommodate handguards. The entire unit is submersible to a depth of 10.0', and its reticle is configured with a 65 MOA circle and a 1 MOA aiming dot.
Note! The Holographic Weapon Sight Model 517.A65 is controlled under U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State.
- Optical Performance
- Front Window: 1/8" solid glass
- Rear Window: 3/16" shatter-resistant laminate
- Optical surfaces feature anti-glare lens coatings
- Heads-Up Display: eliminates blind spots and constricted vision
- Transmission holography - instantly visible in any light, parallax free
- Even if the laminated window is obstructed or damaged, the HWS remains fully operational. Provided a portion of the window is intact/visible, the entire reticle pattern will be seen on target, and the POI/POA will be maintained.
- Use and Handling
- Automatic shut-down: 8 hr, programmable to 4 hr
- Operates on 2 AA batteries - 1000 hr run-time
- Operating temperature range with AA lithium: -40 to 150°F
- Operating temperature range with AA alkaline: -20 to 140°F
- Precision adjustments: 1/2 MOA clicks, 40 MOA W&E correction
- Battery check indicator: flashing reticle at start-up. This system is based upon the characteristics of alkaline batteries; it does not function correctly with lithium batteries.
- Illuminated Reticle: 65 MOA circle with quadrant ticks and a 1 MOA dot aiming point. 30 brightness settings with scrolling feature.
- Construction Details
- Color/finish: non-reflective black hard-coat
- Housing features rugged aluminum hood assembly
- Return to Zero: repeatable to 1 MOA after re-mount
- Submersible to 10.0'/3.1 m, fogproof internal optics
- Integral mount is compatible with Picatinny and Weaver systems. The base has a 7.0 mm rise to accommodate handguards and a knobbed tool-less cross-bolt.