The WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution Sony VPL-EW7 is, as the company likes to say, "An entry level projector in name and price only." After you take a look at it we think you'll agree.
This is a fully featured 2000 ANSI lumens, 1000:1 contrast ratio projector. Its three 0.59" 3LCD imaging panels (the part that creates the image) deliver sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range delivers incredible detail to every image displayed by the VPL-EW7.
The VPL-EW7 also has the international credentials you've come to expect in more expensive projectors. It's got a world-ready 100 to 240 volt 50/60 Hz power supply. It can handle NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-60 and SECAM video signals. And it has a 19 language OSD (onscreen display). The VPL-EW7 also decodes and displays closed-captioning information from programming that provides it, benefiting those in your audience with hearing impairment. It also comes in handy when projecting in a noisy environment and it helps people whose native language isn't English.
This projector can also handle 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i and 1080/50i high definition signals.
Although Sony doesn't bill the VPL-EW7 as a "short throw" projector it can still create a pretty big picture in a pretty tight space. At a distance of just 98 inches it can project an image that measures 80 inches across diagonally.
Although you can permanently mount the VPL-EW7, if you present on the move you'll appreciate its Off & Go feature. Instead of waiting around for the fan to cool down the lamp, you can just turn the projector off, unplug it from the wall socket and be on your way.
On the other hand, in a permanent installation you'll appreciate the physical security of a Kensington slot for an optional Kensington lock. This projector can do a lot of things but once you've secured it, one thing it won't be doing is "walking away."
In addition to taking advantage of its physical security, you can password protect the projector to prevent deliberate or inadvertent changes to the projector's settings.
- Color Light Output – 2000 Lumens at a 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
- "Color Light Output" is a metric that measures a projector's ability to deliver color. Color Light Output provides you with a simple, accurate and easy to understand way to evaluate projector color performance.
- WXGA Resolution
- The VPL-EW7 offers a widescreen format for WXGA resolution (1280 x 800) PC and a 16:9 aspect ratio video.
- 3LCD BrightEra Technology
- This innovative inorganic panel technology was designed by Sony to deliver improved panel light resistance, higher brightness, higher resolution and increased panel reliability.
- HD Ready
- The HDMI input means the VPL-EW7 is HD ready at resolutions of 720/50p, 720/60p, 1080/50i and 1080/60i.
- Closed Captioning
- Your VPL-EW7 can display all eight channels of closed captioning from analog sources that provide them: CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, TEXT1, TEXT2, TEXT3, and TEXT4.
- Short-Throw Projection
- Achieve a pin sharp 80-inch image (diagonal) from less than 99 inches away, making your VPL-EW7 ideal for presenting in small meeting rooms and classrooms.
- Two Power-Saving Modes
- The Lamp Cutoff feature causes the lamp cut off if no signal is input for 10 minutes and lights again when a signal is input or any key is pressed. In Standby mode the projector goes into standby mode if no signal is input for 10 minutes and power consumption reduced to less than 1 watt.
- Off and Go
- The projector is ready to be unplugged as soon as it is switched off. There's no need to wait for the fan to turn off.