Using the Elinchrom Skyport SPEED Transmitter you can control basic functions of Elinchrom units such as the BXRI 250/500, Ranger Quadra and D-Lite-it with the built-in ELS Receiver, and Elinchrom RX units to which a Transceiver RX (not included) is attached. To control all RX functions of Style RX, Ranger RX, Ranger Quadra RX (only Ranger Quadra RX with serial numbers from 4001 onwards) and Digital RX from a computer, the USB Transceiver RX 19354/19348 (not included) and the latest EL Skyport software (not included) are required. With this software, additional features are available such as Strobing, Counter and more.
The Skyport remote control system works at distances up to 196' (60 m) indoors; up to 393' (120 m) outdoors, and up to 1/250s shutter speed. It can control flashes in 4 selectable workgroups, and there are 8 frequency channels. With 40-bit security, you get interference-free operation.
The Transmitter synchronizes remote flash units when each is fitted with either a "Universal" receiver (not included) that fits all flash brands or the Transceiver RX (not included) fitting Style RX, Digital RX and Ranger RX units or units with EL-Skyport Transceiver built-in (BXRi 250/500 & Ranger Quadra AS). The RX Transceiver also provides control over the power and modeling lamp of all Elinchrom RX flash units, directly from the Skyport Transmitter Speed. This transmitter uses a 3V lithium battery (CR2430).
- SLR camera sync speeds: SPEED mode up to 1/250s, STANDARD mode 1/160 - 1/200s
- 5 selectable trigger modes, (4 Groups + All)
- 8 frequency channels
- 40 bit security encryption
- Up to 60 m range indoors for standard mode and up to 40 m in SPEED mode
- Up to 120 m range outdoors for standard mode and up to 60 m in SPEED mode.
- Battery life up to 6 months--over 30,000 flashes
- RX-feature buttons (Remote Control)
- Test trigger button and feature button
- Integrated hotshoe (middle contact) improved
- SYNC-socket for direct connection improved
- Two flash modes, standard and SPEED
- The "Standard" mode is fully compatible with previous EL-Skyport versions
- The SPEED function is available for Ranger Quadra AS, BXRi 250/500 and D-Lite-it and all other units, when used with the Universal Speed
- Status LED for EL-Skyport mode and battery status
- Improved housing, battery drawer and switches
- New hotshoe with screw-lock
- New extra features; configure EL-Skyport with the new EL-Skyport PC/MAC software 3.0 (not included)