This LS-8 Telescope from Meade is a computer-controlled 2000mm f/10 catadioptric telescope with an 8.0"/203mm clear aperture. The optical system features a Schmidt-Cassegrain design for edge-to-edge sharpness and distortion-free viewing.
The LightSwitch series of telescopes employ advanced technologies to eliminate the standard hassles of using a telescope. GPS, LNT, and ECLIPS CCD imaging systems allot the viewer to simply flip a switch to achieve instant alignment. Once the telescope is in position, The Astronomer Inside feature provides a guided multimedia tour of the sky's best objects.
The LS-8 comes with an aluminum altazimuth mount that is lightweight, portable, and extremely rigid. It is configured with precision work-gear drives for enhanced viewing precision.
Note! Batteries not included - 8 'D' cell batteries are required to power up the AutoStar system.
- LS-8 Telescope
- Aperture: 8.0"/203 mm
- Focal length: 2000 mm, f/10
- Pyrex glass primary and secondary mirrors
- UHTC/Ultra-High Transmission Coatings for enhanced light throughput
- AutoStar III Controller
- On-board database of 100,000 objects
- Go-To function: view celestial objects by just pushing a button
- Provides full access to all of The Astronomer Inside multimedia features
- Field Tripod Altazimuth Mount
- Aluminum construction
- Weight: 9.0 lb / 4.0 kg
- Height: 25.5-43.5" / 65-111 cm
- Single Arm Altazimuth Mount
- Aluminum, single arm altazimuth
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, lunar, custom
- Precision worm drives with 4.875" gears in both axes
- Slew speeds, RA & Dec: 1/2/8/16/64/128x sidereal. 1.5°/6.5°/sec.