The AIM Wide Five In-Ceiling Speaker from SpeakerCraft is a fully pivoting in-ceiling speaker designed to help create a diffused rear sound field for a home theater installation or to function as a high performance multi-room installation. This speaker features a unique dual mid-tweeter module, which is mounted directly over the woofer with two 2" cone midrange drivers and two 0.75" dome tweeters facing 70 degrees off axis from each other. These combine to deliver ultra-wide dispersion with excellent fidelity.
The woofer and dual mid-tweeter module can be pivoted to best direct the sound toward the listener -- they easily rotate and pivot to almost any position using fingertip pressure. A front-mounted switch allows for 3 dB of tweeter adjustment, and another switch allows you to select wide or ambient mode, to further customize the sound field and imaging. Additionally, the AIM Wide Five can be painted to match the needs of custom applications.
- Woofer and dual mid-tweeter module can be pivoted and rotated to best direct sound toward the listening space
- Front-mounted treble switch allows the treble to be set at one of 3 positions: -3 dB, flat, +3 dB
- Wide mode: a large radiation pattern that allows for a larger sweet spot or multi-channel response
- Ambient mode: best suited for rear channels and in applications where an ambient sound character is needed
- Timbre-matched to all SpeakerCraft Five series speakers
- Fits a ceiling cut-out with a diameter of 9.75" (247.65 mm)