Manufactured to demanding military standards, the Military R 8x30 Binocular from Steiner is designed to stand up to the toughest conditions. It's field-tested, combat-proven, fogproof, waterproof, and shock-resistant. This model (#59122) also features a protective anti-laser lens coating to ensure the operator's safety in combat situations. The M22 range-finding reticle provides distance-ranging capability.
The Military R 8x30 features a traditional porro prism design for the utmost in clarity and viewing-precision. The entire optical system is fully multicoated to ensure maximum light transmission, and to eliminate flare/glare from off-axis light sources. The oculars focus individually for precise focusing, while a respectable 15 mm of eye relief ensures a comfortable full-frame view for most viewers - including eye and sunglass wearers. The 8x30's wide angle field of view is well-detailed with outstanding depth-of-field performance.
To ensure low-weight and high-strength, the Military R 8x30's housing has been manufactured from a low-weight fiber-reinforced polycarbonate material. The system is purged with bone-dry nitrogen to ensure all-weather performance in dynamic climates, and it is sealed for absolute waterproof performance. A protective rubber armoring ensures a secure comfortable grip, while providing a significant amount of impact protection.
The Military R 8x30 is the preferred optic in use with many law enforcement and special operations units world-wide. Its rugged construction and high-performance optical configuration make it an ideal choice for tactical applications under extreme conditions.
- Optical Performance
- AFOV: wide angle- 60°
- BAK4 porro prisms for optimum clarity and precision
- Eye relief: 15.0 mm, accommodates eye/sunglass wearers
- Fully multicoated optical system to ensure maximum light transmission
- Protective internal anti-laser lens coating to ensure operators safety
- Construction Details
- Shock-resistant: 11.0 G @ 80 Hz
- Mil-Spec waterproof/fogproof: nitrogen purged, sealed, tested
- Fiber-reinforced polycarbonate housing is lightweight and extremely durable
- Meets or exceeds military standards: Mil-810F, Mil-C-675, Mil-I45208, ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Use and Handling
- Individual focus on each ocular for maximum viewing precision
- M22 military-style range-finding reticle for distance ranging capability
- Rubber armored exterior enhances shock-resistance, provides a secure comfortable grip under any conditions