The Horizon Perfekt Panoramic Camera from Lomography is a unique camera that offers maximum creative flexibility with a full range of aperture and shutter settings, enabling precise exposure every time. Its advanced clockwork mechanics and the built-in accessories allow you to capture majestic panoramic pictures on your terms. With a 28mm multi-coated glass swing lens. The Horizon's shutter charges the camera's battery-free clockwork mechanics, and touching the shutter release begins the exposure process. As the lens moves from side to side, a narrow vertical slit between the lens and film rotates along with it... thereby progressively exposing the film as the lens moves and delivers images with a full 120° perspective. Each shot yields a 58mm long negative (about double the length of a standard 35mm).
The camera has a aperture range of f/2.8 to f/16 allowing you to control your depth-of-field. It also has a blazing 1/500 second top shutter speed to freeze action on the brightest days of the year. A slow 1/2 second shutter speed brings partially lit night and gloomy indoor scenes into glowing brilliance. You can also control the swing lens speed with a day and night setting. Users can uncouple the camera shutter release to allow easy multiple exposures on the same frame.
- Multi-coated 28mm Glass Lens
- The heart of the Horizon Kompakt is its multi-element, multi-coated 28mm glass lens that yields sharp images with vivid colors and rich contrast.
- Swing-Lens Technology
- Cocking the Horizon's shutter charges the clockwork mechanics, and touching the shutter release sets the lens into motion. As the lens swings from side to side, a narrow vertical slit between the lens and film rotates along with it - thereby progressively exposing the film as the lens moves.
- Variable Aperture Settings
- From a wide-open f/2.8 to a teensy tiny f/16, you can dial in your precise aperture setting to get the optimum exposure for each shot. Controlling the depth of field is also right at your fingertips - a large aperture yields a sharp subject against a blurry background, and smaller apertures make sharp pictures all throughout.
- Variable Shutter Settings
- A blazing 1/500 second top shutter speed allows you to freeze the action on bright days and a slow 1/2 second shutter speed brings partially lit night and gloomy indoor scenes into glowing brilliance.
- Built-in Pro Accessories
- The camera has a cable release and tripod thread, and includes a hand grip, so you're guaranteed shake-free pictures. The bubble-eye level through the viewfinder allows you to perfectly place the "horizon" of each photograph.
- Easy Double Exposures
- Users can fire the shutter as many times as desired without advancing the film. The uncoupled advance enables double, triple, quadruple, or more exposures on the same frame.
- Battery Free Operation
- The Horizon Kompakt is powered by a classic clockwork motor...no batteries required.
- Uses All Varieties of 35-mm Films
- Use whatever you like - all 35mm color negative, slide, black & white, or redscale film can be loaded into your Horizon camera.
- Two Years Limited Warranty
- The Lomographic Society International guarantees your Horizon Kompakt to be free of manufacturer defects for two full years after purchase. This does not include misuse, abuse, or dropping the camera.