The Sony WLL-RX50 Wireless Camera Receiver is part of a wireless camera system that allows the digital transmission of broadcast-quality MPEG-2 video from a Sony camera to an OB van or other mobile studio. With the increased gain in mobility that untethering the camera from its base provides, the WLL-RX50 allows new levels of accessibility when covering live events such as news and sports. This compact unit fits in a 1RU space and can use either AC or DC power, making it especially flexible on location.
Note! Requires signal from a WLL-CA50 wireless transmitter, which must be purchased separately.
- Compact Construction
- The WLL-RX50 is very compact, requiring just 1U of rack space. The antenna and downconvertor are also very small, for convenient mounting on a mast or using in confined spaces.
- Antenna & Downconverter Supplied
The WLL-RX50 includes a downconverter unit and reception antenna.
The downconverter converts the received signal frequency from the 2.4GHz range to 326 MHz - 398MHz, in order to reduce the transmission loss through the IF cable between the reception antenna and the receiver WLL-RX50.
The antenna can be directly attached to the downconverter, or separated by a few meters if more convenient. The downconverter is very compact and includes mounting holes and brackets for fixing onto a mast or tripod.
- Exchangeable Reception Antenna
- Since the downconverter has a standard N-type connector for reception antenna, an alternative antenna can easily be used to replace the supplied one.
- Diversity Reception Option
- It is possible to combine two or more WLL-RX50 receivers to provide Diversity Reception. This helps to ensure a stable, interference-free output when operating near maximum separation distance, or in other conditions where reception is poor, or multiple signal reflections may occur. A built-in Diversity Switcher in the WLL-RX50 monitors the error rate of the data streams from all receivers and dynamically selects a stream which does not contain errors.
- Convenient Power Options
- The WLL-RX50 can be powered either from AC mains or from 12 volts DC, allowing easy field use.