The Sony WLL-RX55 Wireless Camera Receiver is part of a wireless camera system that allows the digital transmission of broadcast-quality MPEG-2 video from a Sony camera to an OB van or other mobile studio. With the increased gain in mobility that untethering the camera from its base provides, the WLL-RX55 allows new levels of accessibility when covering live events such as news and sports. This compact unit fits in a 3RU space and can use either AC or DC power, making it especially flexible on location. Includes 2 downconverters and antennas plus a wide variety of video and audio connectors.
Note: Requires signal from a WLL-CA50 or WLL-CA55 wireless transmitter, which must be purchased separately.
- Compact Construction
- The WLL-RX55 is very compact, only 3U half-rack width. This package includes dual diversity receivers, MPEG decoder, and all camera video, control, and intercom interfaces. The antenna and downconvertor are also very small, for convenient mounting on a mast or using in confined spaces.
- Antennas & Downconverters Supplied
The WLL-RX55 includes two downconverter units and reception antennas.
The downconverter converts the received signal frequency from the 2.4GHz range to 326 MHz - 398MHz, in order to reduce the transmission loss through the IF cable between the reception antenna and the receiver WLL-RX55.
The antenna can be directly attached to the downconverter, or separated by a few meters if more convenient. The downconverter is very compact and includes mounting holes and brackets for fixing onto a mast or tripod.
- Exchangeable Reception Antenna
- Since the downconverter has a standard N-type connector for reception antenna, an alternative antenna can easily be used to replace the supplied one.
- Diversity Reception
- The WLL-RX55 includes two receivers to provide Diversity Reception. This helps to ensure a stable, interference-free output when operating near maximum separation distance or in other conditions where reception is poor, or where multiple signal reflections may occur. A built-in packet-switching Diversity Switcher in the WLL-RX55 monitors the error rate of the data streams from all receivers and dynamically selects a stream which does not contain errors.
- Convenient Power Options
- The WLL-RX55 can be powered either from AC mains or from 12 volts DC, allowing easy field use.
- Full Camera Remote Control
- Together with the WLL-CA55, the WLL-RX55 provides all the functionality of a triax camera, including genlock, camera control, tally, audio, and intercom facilities. The camera can be integrated within a multi-camera environment using standard Sony remote control panels.
- Optional Front Control Panel
- If required, the RM-B750 remote control panel can be fitted directly to the front of the receiver to provide a convenient self-contained control package. The camera output signal can also be viewed using the color LCD screen on this panel.
- EL Display and Jog Dial
- The EL display is used to provide status and menu information for the wireless system. By using the jog dial and associated menu system, all system parameters can be set up quickly and easily.
- Comprehensive Range of Video & Audio Interfaces
- The WLL-RX55 provides SDI and DVB-ASI outputs, plus composite (VBS) picture and waveform monitoring outputs. For additional flexibility, the WLL-RX55 uses the same camera control, intercom and tally interfaces as the CCU-550DP triax base station, allowing an OB van to be rapidly reconfigured to suit program requirements.