The Dynalite SH4080 Bi-Tube Studio Flash Head can make use of up to 4000 watt/seconds from your Dynalite 2000 watt/second power packs. This fan-cooled head features two attached 4' pigtail cables and comes with two 18' detachable head-to-pack cables. It also includes a 65° grid reflector, a 250W modeling light, frosted dome, and metal protective cover.
Since the SH4080 has two flashtubes and head cables, it can make use of any two Dynalite power packs at one time. For example, at full power you'll get a 1/700 second flash duration from 2- 2000 Ws packs with less than 2 seconds recycling time. Using two of your 1000 or 500 Ws power packs will provide half the flash duration and recycle times than firing this head from one pack.
The SH4080 head can be used with a variety of studio type reflectors for total control of lighting effects. Also, for those photographers who use soft boxes, the frosted dome efectively makes the box more efficient and soft, because the light spreads laterally, as well as going forward, filling the box more completely. A power supply for this flash head is required.
- Interchangeable Reflectors
- May be outfitted with any 40 series reflector
- Easy to Control
- Integral tilt mechanism for continuous tilting for stand or suspension mounting.
- Easily Replaceable Flashtube
- No tools are required to replace the "plug & play" assembly
- Integral frosted pyrex glass dome protector
- A clear glass dome (40DMC) is also available
- Removeable Reflector
- The SH4080 head can be outfitted with parabolic reflectors, barn doors, and grid spot holders for greater light control
- Nine different studio type reflectors are available for the SH4080 head, giving the photographer more control and more creative choices with light shaping
- Long-Reaching Cable
- Two 18' detachable cables are included
- Head extension cables are available for heads used at longer distances from the power pack.
- Modeling Light
- The SH4080 has a frosted dome which makes the modeling light and flash light match exactly - WYSISWYG.
- Fan Cooled
- Fan cooling of the lamp head allows for increased protection under the most demanding of circumstances.