SurCode for Dolby E Decoder from Minnetonka is a plug-in that offers the unique ability to decode Dolby E files back to discrete PCM data in a convenient software plug-in format. The plug-in is the perfect way to integrate Dolby E into existing workflows on different audio workstations, in different studios and in various formats.
The Dolby E decoder plug-in appears in the insert chain on a Pro Tools channel strip with all other RTAS plug-ins, and will decode the audio in sync with the Pro Tools timeline. This method is far more time conserving than using external hardware. It's as simple as dropping the decoder into your Pro Tools mixer and selecting a Dolby E file. In a single pass, you can decode all 8 channels of a Dolby E stream.
As a complete standalone solution, AudioTools AWE offers unparalleled flexibility with a streamlined workflow that can decode one, hundreds, or even thousands of Dolby E Files in one pass. Dropping a file into the "Hot Folder" will instantly decode the file, and allow for processing through a choice of AWE or VST plug-ins, or external processors, and could even re-encode to Dolby Digital automatically.
While the Pro Tools plug-in allows integrated access to Dolby E files, the AudioTools AWE plug-in has been designed to offload and automate workflow from the DAW.
Note! iLok required if one is not present on the system.
- Use the decoder as a real-time Dolby E stream player for quality control
- Input file - Dolby E, DDE or WAV file format
- Input frame rates -30, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.976 fps
- Up to 8 output channels, with individual channel mute/solo enabled, and with easy bounce-to-disk
- Peak and RMS metering
- Supports all Dolby E program configurations
- Dolby E bit depth - 24-, 20- or 16-bit
- Flexible channel routing, with per-program configuration
- Supports and displays Dolby E Metadata
- Synchronizing with the host time line allow the decoded files to stay in sync
- New in Version 1.6
- New channel routing preset control
- Serial port metadata output
- Automatically audition Dolby E programs without having to reconfigure your I/O
- Decode from track and decode from live input feature for ProTools, Pyramix and Nuendo
- Automatically convert a Pro Tools channel from stereo to 5.1 or 7.1 format
- Auto-detect Dolby E input channels when decoding from a track or live input
- View Decode errors as they occur in real-time