SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II v2.4 from Minnetonka is a software matrix encoder that allows broadcasters, game developers, video producers and audio professionals to easily encode 5.1 surround mixes into stereo sound files. Surround ambiences, sound effects and music stems can all be pre-encoded for delivery within stereo cues, resulting in the mix being completely stereo-compatible. The package contains the standalone version, the RTAS and VST versions, all cross-platform and available via a single iLok license
The software converts 5.1 surround sound files to the Dolby Pro Logic II format by matrix-encoding the Center, Surround and LFE tracks into the Left/Right tracks. The resulting Lt/Rt tracks (Left total/Right total) contain the matrix-encoded 5.1 surround sound files. These tracks can then be distributed and played in stereo, and also decoded by a Dolby Surround/Pro Logic/Pro Logic II decoder and played back in surround.
With this all-in-one installer, users can choose when and how to use SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II, providing a powerful multi-platform deployment at no additional charge. For example, the very same license of SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II on Pro Tools will authorize both the standalone product, on Mac and Windows, along with instances on any VST host.
Requires iLok if one is not already on the system. Upgrades registered SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II Standalone or VST to the full
multi-platform, multi-instances SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II v2.x. Original serial number needs to be provided.
Upgrades registered SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II Standalone or VST to the full multi-platform, multi-instances SurCode for Dolby Pro Logic II v2.x.
Original serial number needs to be provided.
- Dolby Pro Logic II encoding software for distributing encoded surround mixes or elements within an existing stereo transmission medium, whether broadcast, cable, games, CD, DVD, or videotape
- Fully certified and licensed encoder and decoder by Dolby Laboratories that allows for use of the Dolby logos and trademarks on content produced with this plug-in or application
- Contains the standalone version, along with the RTAS and VST plug-in versions, with all available under either Mac OS X or Windows
- Accepts up to 6 master surround sound files in either WAV or AIFF format
- Outputs an Lt/Rt.WAV file that can be used in any stereo transmission medium
- Contains a decoder, essential for properly setting the encode parameters
- The encoder/decoder can work in real-time, enabling the user to monitor the results of encoder option changes while making them
- Surround sound encoded output is completely backwards compatible with non-decoded stereo playback
- Audio files encoded by Surcode for Dolby Pro Logic II are fully compatible with all branded Dolby Surround, Pro Logic and Pro Logic II decoders, either in software or hardware format
- Activation of all versions available via a single iLok license