discWelder Steel from Minnetonka Software is a high-resolution DVD-Audio creation program. It provides an easy way to produce real, standards-compliant DVD-Audio discs from high-resolution audio files. The resulting discs will play on any commercially-available DVD-Audio player that supports the DVD-R/RW formats.
The software imports all linear PCM formats supported in the DVD-A specification, including non-encoded/uncompressed surround files. These can consist of up to six-channels of 24-bit, 48kHz audio, and/or high-resolution stereo 24-bit, up to 192kHz audio. Surround and stereo tracks may be used on the same disc, as well as different bit- and sample-rate tracks.
The software allows users to include slide show screen graphics, as well Menu background graphic. Additionally, the software will auto-generate onscreen menus for disc navigation.
Note: This upgrade is for registered users of discWelder Bronze who wish to upgrade to discWelder Steel.
- Burns compliant DVD-Audio discs, playable on most home DVD-Audio players
- Easy to use, drag and drop interface
- Imports source files in WAV and AIFF formats
- Creates universal DVD disc with AutoMirror, allowing playback in standard DVD-V players
- Full support for linear PCM (16- to 24-bits, 44.1 to 192kHz) in DVD-Audio
- Imports DSD audio and conversion to high resolution PCM
- Supports 6-channel surround without data packing up to 24-bit/48kHz
- Supports up to 9 groups, with 29 tracks each, bonus group, auto-generated menu screens slideshow graphics (one per track), and dual layer burning
- Automated Dolby Digital encoding and creation of DVD-Video zone for DVD-Video compatibility
- ReSolution feature resamples 5.1 surround source files from 96kHz to 48kHz and 88.2kHz files to 44.1kHz
- Support for gap-less playback between tracks (linear PCM only)
- In addition to DVD-Audio creation, the software and the DVD-Audio specification can be used as a preferred, high-definition archival medium for the entire range of two-track audio formats (vinyl, master tapes, CDs, etc.)
- User defined, stereo Downmix adjustment
- CD Red Book burning