Vanguard's SBH-50 Ball Head is compact (3.5", 9cm), lightweight (10.2 oz, 290 g), and features 2 bubble levels for precision attitude adjustment. It also has a safety locking system for quick release, and a single knob locking mechanism. It will support cameras, lenses and camcorders up to 13.2 lb (6 kg). The ball head, when placed upon a tripod, will increase camera stability and provide faster, more accurate camera positioning.
The two features that separate the SBH Series Ball Heads from others are Vanguard's Single Piece Ball Unit Technology that incorporates ball and stem into one solid unit which provides a core strength that is resistant to degradation from everyday use and the Advanced Magnesium Housing System which couples a rugged magnesium exterior with a hollow interior to provide the precision, fluid-like movements of a standard head minus extraneous weight.
The SBH-50 is supplied with two QS-39 quick release plates so you can easily alternate cameras on and off the ball head.
- Advanced Magnesium Housing System
- An innovative advanced housing system couples a rugged magnesium exterior with a hollow interior, providing all of the precise, fluid-like movement of a standard fluid ball head without extraneous weight.
- Bubble Level
- SBH ball heads have two large built-in bubble levels. Combine the head's double vertical and horizontal balance/stability control with your tripod's bubble level and you cannot achieve more stability or more precise positioning.
- Double Locking System
- SBH ball heads have a double locking system, ensuring maximum security for your equipment. Two separate mechanisms are simultaneously triggered to release the quick release plate; you can be confident that your camera and lenses won't fall.
- Panoramic Function
- The SBH-50 has a dedicated horizontal control knob that enables you to take incredible panoramic shots with smooth, full 360° movement.