This Schoeps Colette Series Stereo Set is comprised of 2 CMC6 amplifiers, 2 stereo matched MK41 supercardioid capsules, a pair of SG 20 microphone mounts, windscreens and a foam-lined wooden storage case.
The Colette Series are modular microphones that are very popular among field audio engineers. The analog microphone systems are based on the modular CMC6 preamplifier (CMD2* for digital systems) and interchangeable MK series capsules. The capsules provide wide, linear frequency response curves and superior audio quality.
This set includes the MK41 supercardioid capsules. The supercardioid pattern is highly directional and minimizes off-axis signals, comparable to a shotgun microphone. The MK41's consistent directionality throughout its frequency range, makes it well suited for capturing speech, instruments and other signals in highly ambient environments.
- Matched Stereo Pair
- This stereo package features a pair of CMC6 preamplifiers and MK41 supercardioid capsules. The pair are matched in frequency and sensitivity response to ensure accurate stereo capturing in any application.
- Modular Design
- The CMC6 is designed to be used with any of the Schoeps Colette series modular capsules. The capsules provide various polar patterns and frequency response curves.
- Wide Frequency Response
- The CMC6 modular power supply features transformerless Class-A electronics that result in a linear 50Hz to 20KHz frequency response.
- Superior Sound Characteristics
- The superior quality of the capsule and preamplifier result in detailed, pristine audio quality with very low noise floor.
MK41 Supercardioid Capsule Features
- Supercardioid with highly consistent directionality throughout its frequency range
- For music and speech
- High directivity, comparable to that of a short "shotgun" microphone up through midrange frequencies
- Often preferred for use in film sound recording and as a spot microphone in orchestras