Pioneer's XW-NAS3-K Dock for iPod and iPhone (Black) is part of the company's Audition Series of audio devices. Certified by Apple as both, "Made for iPod" and "Works with iPhone", the XW-NAS3-K plays and charges all current docking iPod and iPhone models (using the adapter that came with your iPod or iPhone). The dock plays many other portable audio devices as well thanks to the auxiliary line input and its Bluetooth ready compatibility. Using the optional Pioneer Bluetooth adapter (AS-BT100) the XW-NAS3-K is capable of wireless music transmission from A2DP Profile Bluetooth enabled PCs, cell phones, laptops, and so forth.
Whether you're listening to your Apple device using the XW-NAS3-K, or a Bluetooth enabled device, the system features superior audio thanks to its 2.1 channel sound. All docks in the Audition Series feature two 52mm full range speakers and a down-firing subwoofer. The system also differs from most iPod docks by utilizing a true digital connection to your Apple iPod or iPhone, rather than the analog connection most iPod docks use. Another way Pioneer sets the XW-NAS3-K apart is the double-isolated cabinet. This cabinet all but eliminates cabinet resonance, allowing for clean audio reproduction.
- "Made for iPod" and "Works with iPhone" Certified
- The Audition Series is "Made for iPod" certified on all recent models of iPod: iPod Classic, mini, nano, and iPod touch. But it's also "Works with iPhone" certified, so you have maximum ease of use with all your favorite Apple products. And unlike other docks that use analog, the Audition Series features a true digital connection with your Apple media player, ensuring bit-perfect audio
- Expand Your Connectivity with Optional Bluetooth
- For total flexibility, the Audition Series offers Bluetooth connectivity with an optional adapter. Models with the optional Pioneer AS-BT100 adapter installed allow you to pair your iPhone, BlackBerry, Android or other smartphone, as well as your PC, laptop or other A2DP profile Bluetooth-enabled source to enjoy pleasing stereo sound from the dock, wirelessly. If you already have an AS-BT100 adapter for use with your compatible Pioneer home theater system, that adapter is also compatible with the Audition Series - just plug the adapter into the dock's adapter port
- Dedicated Subwoofer for Rich 2.1 Channel Sound
- The Audition Series features two 52mm full range speakers as well as a separate down-firing subwoofer, giving you unimaginably rich sound from a dock with a small footprint. You don't need to lug around a huge dock to get portable sound that's comparable to your home stereo - the Audition Series delivers an immersive audio experience with custom-tuned design by Pioneer's EX Speaker engineering team
- Double-Isolated Cabinet Eliminates Resonance
- Conventional docks typically can't withstand loud volumes; even if the wattage can deliver it, a weak cabinet design often results in shaking and unpleasant "buzzing" or resonance at high volumes that dilutes the listening experience. But the Audition Series features a double-isolated enclosure that virtually eliminates cabinet resonance, meaning you can get a clean, accurate sound response
- Component and Composite Video Output Lets You Share Video on Your HDTV
- The Audition Series features Component and Composite video outputs, meaning you can share stored movie and TV video files from your iPod or iPhone, or stream directly from YouTube to your HDTV