This Bigblue BB-3x5W LED Dive Light (Blue) is a powerful LED dive light that performs even in the most demanding dive environments. Three 5W LED bulbs provide 500 lumens of light. There is a Hi-Lo power setting allowing you to choose between 100% or 70% light output, thus extending burn time. The light can be powered with 8 AA or C batteries; both Alkaline and NiMH will work. With AAs the light has a burn time of up to 12 hours, and with C batteries up to 20 hours.
You can use the light to look under ledges and to restore natural color underwater, and use it as a primarily light on night dives. The BB-3x5W has a color temperature of 6500K, and a beam angle of 60°. The Rotary Magnetic Switch not only makes it easy for you to switch between the Hi-Lo output settings, it is insulated from all internal parts, eliminating the risk of flooding. Other safety features includes the thermal protection system, that prevents the light from overheating by cutting off power in case of prolonged use on land, or exposure to temperatures above 158°F (70°C). As soon as the light cools off, the power comes back on. There is also a safety lock that prevents the light from being accidentally switched on when in you your gear bag.
- High output 3x 5W LED system delivers brilliant luminosity with a burn time that is four times that of ordinary halogen lights
- The energy efficient design and excellent quality of the LED guarantees a lifespan of 50,000 hours of burn time, reducing the need for frequent replacement of the bulb
- The 6500K white light reflects the true vibrant colors of the underwater world
- The Hi-Lo Power setting lets you choose between two output levels, Hi at 100% or Lo at 70%, thus extending the burn time
- The Rotary Magnetic Switch not only makes it easy for you to switch between the Hi-Lo output settings, but it is also built to be insulated from all internal parts, eliminating the risk of flooding
- The body of the light is constructed of non-corroding, polycarbonate plastic
- The thermal protection system prevents the light from overheating by automatically cutting off its power in cases of prolonged use on land, or exposure to temperatures above 158°F (70°C)
- The safety lock on the switch keeps the light from being accidentally switched on in your gear bag
- The light can be powered with 1.5V AA or C Size Alkaline batteries, you can also use 1.2V Ni-MH rechargeable AA or C batteries