The Lorex 4 Channel Edge + Security Camera System comes complete with a 4-CH DVR, 4 cameras and all the necessary cables, stands and power supplies. The compact and slim DVR can be mounted on a wall or attached directly to the back of an LCD monitor via its VESA mounting holes. This will save you space on the desktop while keeping the monitoring area neat.
In addition to remote Internet access, the DVR lets you view live video feeds using your iPhone, Blackberry, or other 3G smart phone device. This way you can keep an eye on what's happening at your home or business anytime and from anywhere. Thanks to DDNS support, setting up a remote connection is quick and easy.
The DVR uses H.264 compression technology to capture great looking images while preserving storage and network resources. On account of its built-in pentaplexer, this DVR allows simultaneous viewing, recording, playback, backup and remote control. This DVR ships with a 500GB SATA HDD, which can be expanded to 2TB. Video can be easily exported to an optional flash memory device connected to the DVR's USB port for backup or transfer purposes.
Video is recorded at speeds up to 120 FPS (at 640 x 240 NTSC) for the combined channels, resulting in smooth video playback for each camera input with every frame accounted for. A DVI monitor port will let you output high quality video at up to 1280 x 1024 resolution. HDMI output is also supported, but requires an optional DVI to HDMI converter cable.
All DVR functions can be conveniently accessed from a distance using the supplied IR remote controller. IR "Flex" technology will let you navigate system controls without having to point the remote control directly at the DVR. For added flexibility, you can also operate the DVR using the supplied mouse or via the DVR's front panel controls.
The 4 cameras are both weatherproof and equipped with IR illumination. This way you can install them indoors or outdoors as well as in areas where there's often little or no light like entrances, driveways, pool areas, or warehouses. With each camera you get a 60' connecting cable and a sturdy mounting bracket offering versatile mounting options.
Digital Video Recorder
- EDGE design for stand alone or VESA mount (Wall & LCD) 1
- 3D graphics, crisp, color rich, high contrast video
- DVI/VGA output for display on LCD PC or TV monitor with DVI/VGA input. HDMI compatible 2
- H.264 video compression
- Pentaplex operation - View, Record, Playback, Back Up & Remotely Control the system simultaneously
- Record at VGA resolution (640 x 480) per channel
- Video output (up to) 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
- Small form factor (7.0 x 11.5 x 1.5")
- Expandable up to 2TB SATA HDD
- "Flex" IR controller (line-of-sight not required)
- USB: backup, image transfer, firmware upgrade, mouse
- Alarm Input/Output (4/1), 2 audio inputs/outputs
- PTZ cameras supported (RS485)
- Record on motion detection, schedule or continuous
- Navigation: Front controls, Mouse, Remote Control
- LOREX Instant Mobile Viewing on iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and other compatible 3G smart phones 3
- Exclusive LOREX Easy Connect Internet Set-up Wizard
- PC (Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP compatible) using Internet Explorer browser
- Apple Mac compatible using Safari browser for multi channel live viewing
- Free LOREX DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name Service) for advanced remote connectivity at all times
- Instant email alerts
- Resolution: 420 TV Lines
- 18 IR LEDs provides night vision range of 40' (12 m)
- True Day/Night operation using built-in IR Filter Changeable Mechanism to achieve accurate color representation in changing lighting conditions
- Advanced Day/Night mode: picture automatically switches to B&W delivering better clarity in low light conditions
- Weatherproof Design: ideal for Outdoor and Indoor applications (IP66) 4
- Ceiling , wall or counter mountable with versatile stand