The NSS 326 Network Attached Storage Hard Drive Enclosure from Cisco is a versatile network storage device. It features (6) 3.5" SATA hard drive bays for disk installation. When fully populated, it can be configured as a RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 5+Hot Spare, 6+Hot Spare, or JBOD.
The NAS enclosure features a dual Gigabit Ethernet interface, allowing it to be accessed by Windows, Linux, and Mac client systems. It sports a number of enhanced network data features, including DLNA media streaming, iTunes server support, and iSCSI Target support. It can act as a backup server, allowing you to backup data to and from the NAS with ease. You'll also be able to connect an external hard drive via USB 2.0 or eSATA for capacity expansion.
- Powered by a dual-core Intel Atom processor, Cisco Smart Storage delivers class-leading performance. The fast, efficient backup allows more users to access Cisco Smart Storage simultaneously and enables you to schedule backups at convenient times for your business
- Your Cisco Smart Storage comes with built-in applications and the ability to add new applications in the future. Built-in applications include a user-configurable web server with an integrated WordPress publishing platform that allows you to create and run blogs, forums, and internal websites from your Cisco Smart Storage device, and built-in syslog and RADIUS servers that help simplify user authentication and management of your entire network. Running applications like these on a Cisco Smart Storage device helps ensure that they are available at all times and can eliminate the need for additional devices on the network, enabling your business to be more efficient
- Cisco Smart Storage helps prevent unauthorized access to the device, and enables highly secure remote and web access. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit on-disk data encryption helps protect critical business data, even if the hard drives are stolen, a business-class feature most other storage solutions do not provide
- Cisco Smart Storage is easy to set up, configure, and manage. You can set up the device in minutes and configure it with a straightforward, browser-based interface. To save time on account setup, you can use user account information from your Windows Active Directory server, allowing employees to access Cisco Smart Storage with their existing login name and password
- Cisco Smart Storage supports file sharing across Windows, Macintosh, and Linux platforms. Choose from multiple backup modes, including PC to Smart Storage using any Windows backup client, Mac to Smart Storage using Apple Time Machine, and server to Smart Storage or Smart Storage to Smart Storage using remote replication. You can also use Cisco Smart Storage as an iSCSI target for virtualized and clustered environments
- Cisco Smart Storage offers RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 5+Hot Spare, 6+Hot Spare, or JBOD configurations, which helps safeguard your data, and a hot-swap design that allows you to replace a failed drive without turning off the device. You can upgrade a disk configuration to a higher RAID level, or move data to newly installed hard drives, while Cisco Smart Storage is running
- Cisco Smart Storage incorporates energy-saving features that save money and support energy conservation initiatives. You can schedule the device to power on and off according to your working hours and use the Wake on LAN feature to power on your Cisco Smart Storage device remotely. Conserve power with an Energy Star V rated power adapter and hard disk drives that spin down on inactivity. Integrated applications help save energy by reducing the number of network-based devices your small business needs
- Features (6) 3.5" SATA hard drive bays, allowing you to add storage as you see fit
- Boasts 5 USB 2.0 and 2 eSATA expansion ports
- Integrated Linux-based operating system features a file server with web file manager, giving you access to your files from any web browser
- Also includes a media server, iTunes server, and multimedia station
- Many additional applications are available for download, including the Xdove e-mail server, the Joomla CMS, the SABnzbd+ newsgroup reader, Magneto for e-commerce, Java, JRE6, Python, and IPKG
- An optional Cisco Small Business Pro Service contract, good for three years of support, is available for this product