Graced with fluoride HD lenses and enhanced optical coatings - the SLC 8x42 HD roof prism binocular from Swarovski delivers crystal-clear images with razor sharp outlines, and accurate true-to-life color. Styled and engineered with an ergonomic profile, thoughtfully-positioned controls, and a newly-designed super-fast and extremely-accurate focusing system - the SLC 42 HD delivers maximum comfort and confidence during extended viewing sessions.
Swarovski's HD lenses and premium roof prisms eliminate color fringing and aberrations for maximum color-fidelity and contrast. Each optical surface has been treated with a bounty of coatings to enhance light transmission, optical-quality, and viewing accuracy. The simply outstanding wide angle field-of-view is uber-realistic and nearly three-dimensional.
This particular SLC 42 HD is also known as the SLC 8x42 W B HD. The SLC stands for Slim, Light, and Compact - as evidenced by a trim form-factor that's relatively light and small enough to travel with easily. The W indicates that the optic is fully waterproof - it's nitrogen purged and sealed to ensure all-weather performance. Boasting a very accommodating 18.5mm of eye relief earns the SLC 42 HD the right to bear the B in its name. Last but certainly not least, we come to HD - high definition - an impeccable world-class optical system that performs above and beyond the call of duty.
- Optical Performance
- AFOV: wide-angle - 62.4°
- Phase-coated BAK4 roof prisms
- HD optics: fluoride glass elements yield superior edge-to-edge sharpness and excellent twilight performance
- Advanced optical coatings: SWAROTOP - anti-reflective multicoating: enhances light transmission. SWARODUR - enhances scratch resistance. SWAROBRIGHT - mirrored prism coating improves brightness and color reproduction under all lighting conditions. SWAROCLEAN - non-stick external coating makes cleaning/removing dried-on mineral residue, insect repellent, and tree resin easier. Over time the lens' surface will require less intensive cleaning which significantly increases the longevity of the optic.
- Construction Details
- Magnesium housing: rugged, slim, lightweight, compact
- Nitrogen purged: waterproof, fogproof, submersible to 13.0'
- Tactile rubber armoring for shock and all-climate weather resistance
- Improved objective cover design offers an enhanced level of protection
- Use and Handling
- Close focus: 6.2'/1.9 m
- Tripod adaptable: 1/4"-20 thread
- Twist-up eye cups with 3 detented settings
- Rapid focus system: 2 turns from 4.9' to infinity
- Extended eye relief accommodates eye/sunglass wearers
- S4 snapshot/digiscoping adapter included with purchase