The Muxlab 500009 Screw Terminal Balun is a video extender that allows a single CCTV video signal to be transmitted via a Cat3/5E/6 cable, eliminating the need for coaxial cable. Providing a hassle-free cabling solution, it connects to CCTV security / surveillance equipment that includes cameras, IP camera encoders, video switchers, sequencers, multiplexers, DVRs, and camera servers. The balun can also be used with other composite baseband video equipment such as DVD players, cable boxes, media servers and audio-video monitors.
The screw terminal balun is used in pairs to transmit standard composite video and supports transmission of color signals up to 1200' via Cat3; it can be extended to 2200' via Cat5E/6 or a higher version. For black and white signals, the maximum transmission distance is up to 1500' via Cat3 (can extended up to 2500' via Cat5/6). The balun uses 2 screw terminals.
Made of ABS fire retardant plastic, the compact screw terminal balun measures 1.75 x .75 x 1.00" (4.44 x 1.9 x 2.54 cm), and features low return loss that ensures maximum power transfer with no line faults between the input and output. Besides using Cat3/5/6 as a cost-effective alternative to coaxial cabling, the balun also makes changes / additions to modular outlet connections faster and easier.
- Video extender used in pairs
- Allows use of Cat3/5/5E cables as a cost-effective alternative to coaxial cables
- Transmits color signals up to 1200' via Cat3; distance can be extended up to 2200' via Cat5E/6 or a higher version
- Transmits black and white signals up to 1500' via Cat3; distance can be extended up to 2500' via Cat5/6
- Made of ABS fire retardant plastic
- Compact design - 1.75 x .75 x 1.00" (4.44 x 1.9 x 2.54 cm)
- Low return loss - ensures maximum power transfer with no line faults
- Operating temperature range 0 to 55° C
- 2 screw terminals
- Changes and additions to other modular outlet connections are made easier
- Meets FCC Class A, CE, and RoHS regulatory standards