The MuxLab 500022 CCTV Pass-Thru Balun allows transmission of video, remote power, and 2-wire PTZ Control via 1 Cat5/5E/6 UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) cable, eliminating the need for multiple cable installations.
When used in conjunction with MuxLab's passive CCTV hub (500130), the modular balun transmits standard composite video and supports transmission of color signals up to 1200' (365m) via Cat3; it can be extended to 2200' (670m) via Cat5. For black and white signals, the maximum transmission distance is up to 1500' (457m) via Cat3 and can be extended up to 2500' (762m) via Cat5..
Made of ABS fire retardant plastic, the modular balun securely fits between the CCTV dome camera and the back box, and features port configuration switch to set port as Pass-thru (500022) that transmits remote power up to 350' (107m) via 2 twisted pair cables at 24VAC/5VA. The 2-wire PTZ control transmits up to 4000' (1.2km) via 1 UTP cable.
Providing a hassle-free cabling solution, the Pass-Thru Balun connects to the CCTV security / surveillance equipment that includes cameras, IP camera encoders, video switchers, DVRs, and other CCTV equipments. The balun can also be used with other composite baseband video equipments such as DVD players, cable boxes, media servers, and audio-video monitors.
- Transmits video, remote power, and PTZ Control via 1 4-pair Cat5/5E/6 UTP cable
- Transmits color signals up to 1200' via Cat3; distance can be extended up to 2200' via Cat5
- Transmits b&w signals up to 1500' via Cat3; distance can be extended up to 2500' via Cat5
- Transmits remote power up to 350' via 2 twisted pair cables at 24VAC/5VA
- Made of ABS fire retardant plastic
- Fits between the CCTV dome camera and back box
- Supports baseband video; NTSC, PAL, and SECAM