The MuxLab 500040 VGA Balun II (PC Side) allows a VGA source (PC / laptop) to be connected to a VGA video display device like a CRT, LCD, plasma screen or a DLP/multimedia projector using a 4-pair Cat5E/6 UTP cable. Capable of transmitting SVGA video up to 350' (107m) at 800 x 600 resolution, the PC side balun uses either p/n 500041 or 500042 connector.
The balun II supports wide-screen formats (16:9, 1366 x 768), and features a reset button and a ground screw. The reset button is meant for sync-sensitive displays (used when the VGA source connected to the display is re-started or re-booted) and the ground screw is needed in case of a yellowish hue on the display screen.
Allowing you to replace the bulky VGA cable by space- and cost-saving Cat5E/6 cable, the VGA balun II finds wide application in digital signage, meeting rooms, training rooms, classroom visual teaching aids and other audio-video systems. Use of the VGA balun II (with Cat5E/6 cables) facilitates placing the display device at extended distances from the video source in classroom / training rooms, and helps distribute the display monitors throughout a complex in case of video information setups.
With an ABS fire-retardant plastic enclosure, the balun can be freestanding and comes with a Velcro mounting pad.
- Allows a VGA source (PC / laptop) to be connected to a VGA video display device like a CRT, LCD, plasma screen, or a DLP/multimedia projector using a 4-pair Cat5E/6 UTP cable
- Capable of transmitting SVGA video up to 350' (107m) at 800 x 600 resolution
- Uses either p/n 500041 or 500042 connector
- Cat5E/6 cable are less bulky, less expensive than VGA cables
- Compact size - 19 x 1.75 x 1.5 "(48.26 x 4.4 x 5.1 cm)
- Maximum distance supported via Cat5E/6 for video reception
VGA - 640 x 480 pixels (15MHz) 450' (137m)
SVGA - 800 x 600 pixels (30MHz) 350' (107m)
XGA - 1024 x 768 pixels (60MHz) 250' (76m)
SXGA -1280 x 1024 pixels (100MHz) 200' (61m)
WXGA -1366 x 768 pixels 180' (55m)
- ABS fire-retardant plastic enclosure
- Velcro mounting pad included