The Axis Communications AXIS M3113-R Network Camera is a rugged IP camera specifically developed for use in buses, trains, subway cars, and emergency vehicles. In addition to its dust and water resistance, this camera can withstand tough conditions such as vibrations, shocks, bumps, and temperature fluctuations. The camera's flat chassis design will help it maintain a low profile appearance in addition to minimizing interference with the free movement of passengers. An integrated dehumidifying membrane keeps the viewing window from fogging up in high humidity. The camera also has the ability to activate an alarm when it senses the lens being blocked, spray painted or otherwise tampered with.
Built into the camera are a number of picture controls serving to help the camera cope with poor and challenging lighting conditions. Chief amongst those are backlight compensation and wide dynamic range, both of which will aid the camera in maintaining proper exposure levels in extreme lighting situations. The camera's progressive scan imager ensures jitter-free images for scenes with fast moving objects.
This camera uses the efficient H.264 compression method to generate quality video images while preserving storage and network resources. MJPEG is also supported for added versatility.
This camera was designed for quick and reliable installation. Installers can use the supplied lens tool to direct and rotate the ball that holds the lens and image sensor, and that way achieve an accurate viewing angle. This lens tool can also be used to focus or remove the lens if a different lens is needed. PoE further simplifies installation as it eliminates the need for separate power and data cables.
- Video Surveillance in Vehicles
- AXIS M3113-R Network Camera is specially designed for mobile video surveillance in buses, trains, subway cars and emergency vehicles.
- Vibration Resistance and Tampering Alarm
- The camera has protection against dust and water, and can withstand tough conditions such as vibrations, shocks, bumps and temperature fluctuations. The active tampering alarm can detect tampering attempts such as blocking or spray-painting.
- Clear Images
- AXIS M3113-R has support for SVGA streaming at full frame rate. The camera is specially adapted to respond quickly to changes in light levels, ensuring that high image quality is maintained. The use of progressive scan also produces clearer images of moving objects. The pixel counter helps verify that the pixel resolution of an object or face meets regulatory or specific customer requirements.
- Quick and Reliable Installation
- The camera is designed for quick and reliable installation. The desired field of view and a leveled image can be easily achieved by using the supplied lens tool to direct and rotate the ball that holds the lens and image sensor. Power over Ethernet support further simplifies installation since only one cable is needed for carrying power and video.
- Additional Features
- Advanced security and network management features such as HTTPS encryption with preserved performance, IPv6 and Quality of Service
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including VAPIX from Axis Communications