The Axis Communications AXIS M3204 Network Camera uses a 1/4" RGB CMOS chip with 1 MP resolution to deliver ultra-sharp images of the surveillance scene. Progressive scan technology ensures smooth image capture for scenes with fast-moving objects without the problems of motion blur. A number of electronic picture controls allow images to be fine tuned according to a particular lighting and scene environment.
This camera supports simultaneous multiple video streaming in the H.264 or MJPEG formats. Each video stream can be individually adjusted for frame rates and bandwidth to suit a particular network and storage requirement.
A unique feature of this camera is its pixel counter function, which calculates the number of pixels contained in a given part of the image, for example, a person's face. This is an important feature for satisfying certain jurisdictions that require proof of resolution before an image can be submitted for evidence.
While not vandal resistant, this camera incorporates a tamper-resistant design, which together with its compact profile makes it suitable for installation in retail stores, hotels, and similar sensitive commercial establishments. The camera also has the ability to detect if the lens is being blocked or spray painted.
This camera can be readily installed on a wall or on the surface of a hard or drop ceiling. An internal hinge mechanism allows quick and accurate camera positioning. PoE technology, by routing power to the camera over the Ethernet cable, offers greater flexibility in camera placement while cutting down on installation costs.
Note! Requires PoE midspan for power
- Excellent Image Detail
- AXIS M3204 offers excellent image quality with progressive scan in 1 MP resolution or HDTV 720p. Multiple H.264 streams, as well as Motion JPEG streams, can be provided simultaneously either in full frame rate or individually optimized for different quality needs and bandwidth constraints.
- Tamper-Resistant Casing
- AXIS M3204 with its tamper-resistant casing is a fixed dome specifically adapted for unobtrusive video surveillance in indoor environments. The camera is well-suited for use in settings where discreet and compact solutions are required, e.g in retail stores, receptions, building offices and hotels.
- Advanced Event Management
- AXIS M3204 includes intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection and detection of camera tampering attempts like blocking or spray painting. The pixel counter helps the installer verify that the pixel resolution of an object or face fulfills regulatory or specific customer requirements, for example, for facial identification purposes.
- Additional Features
- Intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection and detection of camera tampering attempts like blocking or spray-painting
- Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af), eliminating the need for power cables and reducing installation costs
- Advanced security and network management features such as HTTPS encryption with preserved performance, IPv6 and Quality of Service
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including VAPIX and AXIS Camera Application Platform from Axis Communications
- Support for AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) with One-Click Camera connection
- This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org)