This Ikelite 6211.05 Ultra Compact Housing is designed for the Sony DSC-HX5V and H55 digital cameras. It is an injection-molded clear polycarbonate case, known for its strength and corrosion-free properties. The housing offers an unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions and operates safely to a depth of 200'. An easy-open latch along with drop-in camera loading make set-up a breeze. The housing is sized and weighted for near-neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater. You can access all camera controls through the housing except the HX5V camera's "Burst" feature.
A flash diffuser is included to improve lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used underwater. For optimum lighting underwater an optional external strobe is recommended. Two 12/24 threaded mounts on the bottom of the housing allow for the secure attachment of optional trays and lighting accessories. Ikelite strobes are brighter, recycle faster and offer wider coverage than the camera's flash. Being farther from the camera lens, the strobe reduces the illumination of particles in the water, which helps eliminate backscatter.
Wide angle conversion lenses are not compatible with this housing, but by using the optional Ikelite WD-4 Wide Angle Conversion Dome you will correct for the size distortion that occurs underwater. Since the cameras feature a 25mm wide angle lens this is wide enough to capture large subjects. By getting close and eliminating as much water as possible between you and your subject, you will get increased contrast and better color. The dome can be attached and removed when underwater. For close up work, you can use the Ikelite adapter 9306.82 to attach macro lenses by Epoque and Inon.
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free, ultra compact, high performance and very durable housing
- Camera Functions
- Housing accesses all camera functions, except the HX5V camera's "Burst" feature
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at your fingertips and kept water tight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls
- Wide-Angle Options
- Use the optional Ikelite WD-4 Wide Angle Conversion Dome to correct the size distortion that occurs underwater to get full benefit of the camera's 25mm wide angle lens